Issues with Bank Account Verification

vsmith11
Contributor
Contributor

So I just signed up for an account now prepaid debit card by the Bancorp Bank. I sent the info to paypal to get it verified, however for some reason since I hadn't received my card yet the small deposits were not accepted to my account probably because you have to activate your card before you can add money to it. Anyway, now the bancorp bank is denied on my account because of that, and paypal is not resolving this for me. I emailed customer support and they responded with info that did not help at all, and when I tried to respond it said I couldn't reply to the message. I have no access to a phone as my cell has been turned off due to lack of funds, which is why I'm desperate to be able to access the money on my paypal account. This is stupid paypal shouldn't have tried to deposit money when my account wasn't yet activated and now that it is I can't fix the issue because it's been blocked I can't even add the debit card by itself.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello vsmith11,

Welcome to the Forums.

Because you did not receive your card before PayPal tried to verify the card this could be the reason the verification for the card was denied.  

Also while PayPal accepts most payment methods, some gift and virtual cards are not compatible with our system. For your security, PayPal will attempt to validate your gift or virtual card before it can be used. Our validation methods require you to have a card billing address and billing statement. Because most cards of this type do not require a billing address, nor do they issue billing statements, PayPal may not be able validate the card and, therefore, may not be able to accept the card as a funding source for your account.

Smiley HappyMisty

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello vsmith11,

Welcome to the Forums.

Because you did not receive your card before PayPal tried to verify the card this could be the reason the verification for the card was denied.  

Also while PayPal accepts most payment methods, some gift and virtual cards are not compatible with our system. For your security, PayPal will attempt to validate your gift or virtual card before it can be used. Our validation methods require you to have a card billing address and billing statement. Because most cards of this type do not require a billing address, nor do they issue billing statements, PayPal may not be able validate the card and, therefore, may not be able to accept the card as a funding source for your account.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.