Instant Bank Confirmation

Tyg13
Contributor
Contributor

So is this feature broken or not? I looked through the forums and it seems like it's been an issue for a lot of people. When Paypal asks for my account information and all that, I give them the right login details to access my account. The problem is, whenever I do that it just displays a loading screen then says it will deposit money into my account to confirm.

So is this not working? Did I enter the wrong information? Is my bank not compatible with paypal's instant confirmation? It seems terribly inconvenient to have to wait two or three days for something that I could get confirmed instantly. Why even display the option if it doesn't function?

If this has worked for others, then I'd like to know how. Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Everyone,

Welcome to the boards!  Instant bank confirmation is a wonderful feature, however, not every online banking website is fully compatible with it.  PayPal has worked hard to incorporate as many institutions as possible with this feature, and we intend to expand it as much as possible in the future.  The issues both of you describe indicate that, regrettably, your banks are not compatible.  Smiley Sad

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

FiinishFlash9
Contributor
Contributor

This same thing happened with me. I bank with TCF, and it said they could confirm instantly, only to then prompt me to wait 2-3 for them to deposit an amount into my account. Been 4 days and they still have not deposited money into my account, so I removed my account thinking that I could've possibly put the wrong account number in, and now I zero accounts hooked up. Really annoying.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Everyone,

Welcome to the boards!  Instant bank confirmation is a wonderful feature, however, not every online banking website is fully compatible with it.  PayPal has worked hard to incorporate as many institutions as possible with this feature, and we intend to expand it as much as possible in the future.  The issues both of you describe indicate that, regrettably, your banks are not compatible.  Smiley Sad

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Tyg13
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the answer. I feel as though I've been a bit hard on PayPal, because my confirmation deposits literally only took a few hours to complete. I've had nothing but good service in the past regarding credit cards, and it's nice to see that PayPal is working to provide solutions where they can. Thanks for the quick response.

Login to Me Too

ddeangelo
Contributor
Contributor

Find out, it's not that hard to conform , rather it email, bank related, or other.

Login to Me Too

GL
New Community Member

This function obviously doesn't work.  I have tried it 5 times according to instructions and it still doesn't work!!  Come on PayPal.....you must do better than this!!

Login to Me Too

mattymorphis

So, when I add my acct #'s and such for the instant confirmation, Pay Pal knows what bank it is, but it jus sits on the confirmation screen and never does anything.  What can be done to make this work? 

Login to Me Too

FiinishFlash9
Contributor
Contributor

I too got mine to work. I called the pay pal help line, and they instructed me on how to fix it. It was a simple mistake on my end.

Login to Me Too

sadia
Contributor
Contributor

does anyone know if i choose not to use a bank account, is it okay to use prepaid card instead.

Login to Me Too

Robin01
Contributor
Contributor
i use chase - i confrimed my bank acount not to long ago - just waiting for the money to be deposited - but i was confirmed instantly.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.