Do i need a Bank account?

Olebull1
New Community Member

Do I need a bank account connected to my paypal to be able to receive money?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Olebull1

You do not have to have a bank on file to receive money but you will limit the ways you can withdrawal the money without one.  If you have a U.S. PayPal account then without a bank you will only be able to obtain your money via a check mailed to you.  This is time consuming and costs $1.50 to process the check versus being free and taking 3-4 business days to receive money via a bank transfer. 

KB

Login to Me Too

hala420
Contributor
Contributor

So basically I don't need a bank account or credit card to receive money? I work online and they pay through paypal. But every time i request a check, they ask me for a bank account or credit card info!? 

Login to Me Too

SpankMeMore
New Community Member

In all honesty, this bank account stuff is just crappy. If I have secured a debit card that I can use to put money on and pay for items with, then I should be permitted to transfer money that is mine to my debit card.

It is not right that PayPal demands our banking information. Period. You are a service that secures money moves from one credit or debit  card to another basically.

Unfortunately, you are the only game in town. That **bleep**. In a world where it is important to protect our individual banking information, your company should respect that some folks don't believe in sharing.

I will continue to use PayPal and play by your rules. When I decide to give you my banking information, then I hope you all are as rule bound to those practices as you have been to keeping me from transfering my funds to my secured debit card.

Spank Me More, PayPal! cause i know you will.......

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.