Credit Card Back Does Not Work

legolas75
New Community Member

I have a credit card on file with Paypal so that in case I pay for a paypal transaction and my bank account has no money I will be covered. Last month I received 2 $25 overdraft charges from Wells Fargo. I called paypal and they claim that Wells Fargo showed that I had money in my account. Either Wells Fargo was wrong to somehow deceive paypal in showing there was money in my account when there was none or paypal credit card backup does not work. Has anyone experienced something like this?

Thanks.

Mike

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal will try the bank account funding twice before switching to the backup funding source.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

rocketbubba
New Community Member

I had the exact same problem.  Paypal tried to draw funds from my bank acount, which had no funds, rather than putting the charges through my credit card.   As a result, my bank charged me a $25 insufficient funds fee.  Paypal knew there were no funds because I received an email from them stating that I needed to add funds to my account because they would try to withdraw funds again in three days.  What gives?

Login to Me Too
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal will try the bank account funding twice before switching to the backup funding source.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.