Cant use account for new PayPal

Ou7breakk
Contributor
Contributor

I just made an account and i tried to use my checking account for it but it states that its already in use with another PayPal account.

I have never had another account and nobody knows my info.

How do i fix this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Ou7breakk-

Please use the Contact Us link to reach out to PayPal securely via encrypted email or phone.  PayPal prevents the same financial instrument from being on two active accounts at a time as a protection to its members.  This would inlcude someone else in the household having it on file on a different account.

If you need to have that bank account reviewed in our system, you'd need to work with someone in the secure environments noted above as we would not disclose information about a specific bank account in a public venue.

Thanks,
Jason

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

pazsion
Contributor
Contributor

it's likely you typed something incorrectly then.. try adding again after removeing it.. make sure each letter / number is correct.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Ou7breakk-

Please use the Contact Us link to reach out to PayPal securely via encrypted email or phone.  PayPal prevents the same financial instrument from being on two active accounts at a time as a protection to its members.  This would inlcude someone else in the household having it on file on a different account.

If you need to have that bank account reviewed in our system, you'd need to work with someone in the secure environments noted above as we would not disclose information about a specific bank account in a public venue.

Thanks,
Jason

Login to Me Too

lexusls400_123
New Community Member

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY PAYPAL WILL NOT RELEASE FUNDS TO MY NATIONWIDE ACCOUNT NUMBER 40144602 SORT CODE 07 01 16. NOTHING HAS CHANGED WITH THIS ACCOUNT AND YOU HAVE RELEASED AND WITHDRAWN PAYMENTS FROM IT SEVERAL TIMES.

ROGER STUBBS

Login to Me Too

lala2369

cant use my card to new account

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.