Cannot remove a CC for my profile

Msradell
New Community Member

I'm trying to remove a credit card for my profile that I no longer have.  When I hit the remove button I get this: "You may not remove your funding source while an authorization is still pending".  I checked on my transactions and they all say completed.  Why can't I remove the card?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

mzpip
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I added a new card and want to delete the card that is no longer valid. I get the same error message even though I have no outstanding transactions pending.

Login to Me Too

Slackadjuster

DWG
Contributor
Contributor

Probably they should use "if" instead of "while".   Read my "PayPal Web Site Directions on How to Remove Old Debit Card Didn't Work" post from 8/17/10 in this same section.   It will not help you "too much" that we could say, but it probably is going to save you time and complications.  

I tried their Help Chat too (Ask Sarah, which surely is just some kind of software) but after explaining to "her" my problem, "she" wrote that she wasn't available at that moment  "...please, try again later" (probably because I didn't write faster).

If (like me) what you want is to replace your old credit card (not good any longer) with a new one, and you don't want your account to be cancel (exactly the same problem that I have now) what you can do in the meantime is

1.- adding your new credit card to your account without removing the old one (not yet) so you can keep using your account to buy things (you just need to choose the good one right at the moment, before clicking on the "Pay Now" or "Continue" button) and

2.- checking if there are automated periodical payments to be charged soon to your old credit card (for example, an antivirus annual resubscription that you do want to keep, but would be cancelled because that credit card is not good)

In my case, I forgot my Go Trusted Secure Tunnel, which charges a few dollars monthly to my card.   As that card is not good, it couldn't charge and cancelled my subscription (that I wanted to keep).

I hope this info helps you a little.

DWG

Login to Me Too

hotrod4x5
Contributor
Contributor

It's a glitch and Paypal just doesn't care.  I've been having the same problem trying to delete a checking account for a year. 

Login to Me Too

JJPerk
New Community Member

Oh Crap tell me it's not so.  How do we complain?

Login to Me Too

nordman

Mark me down as one of the may that can't remove a CC that is no longer valid.  When I try, I get the "You may not remove your funding source while an authorization is still pending" message, too... I have no pending transactions.

Sounds like it's futile to even try to talk to "customer service".

I'm considering closing my current PayPal account and starting over.

Login to Me Too

JJPerk
New Community Member

I can't remove mine either.  That card had been lost and now it's replaced and I can't even change the card #s.  What the **bleep** is this?  Now it wants me to verify my bank, instead of still using my debit card?  What is going on?  For all this hassel I'll just pay for it myself.

Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.