Can't update credit card expiration date

jdport
New Community Member

Paypal won't let me update my credit card expiration date. It is the identical number as my old card, only the expiration date is different. Paypal thinks it is the same card so it won't allow any changes. But my old card is now expired so those transactions are being declined. What to do? I've tried every which way I can think of to email Paypal but that isn't working either.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

AnnetteG
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the very same problem and would really like to find out how to do this. Followed the steps in the FAQ area but my PayPal card only has manage account under the action area not update.  And when I click on manage account the option isn't there to edit it. Please help

Login to Me Too

Kristijan
Contributor
Contributor

Yep I have same problem , and I contacted Pay Pal support 2 times but still same issue .

Login to Me Too

AnnetteG
Contributor
Contributor

I may try deleting the existing card that has expired and enter the current card. I guess it's worth the effort since we seem to not be getting anywhere with PayPal. Will let you know if it works. Glad I am not the only one having issues.

Login to Me Too

Kristijan
Contributor
Contributor

I tried that 2 times but still same issue . 

Login to Me Too

SweetTeainTN

I am having the same problem!

Login to Me Too

jpman
New Community Member

I could only do it by deleting and readding the card with the new expiration date, however that only takes a minute.  I could not do it in the middle of an Ebay purchase - there the only option was to add a new card.  I went to PayPal while keeping the purchase transaction open, deleted and readded the card, then successfully completed the purchase.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.