Can't add bank account becuase it's linked to another account

imgonnarelph
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to add my bank account to my new paypal account and it won't allow me becuase it is connected to another paypal account. It's probably connected to a really old paypal account i have back in the day but i don't remimber the email or any way to access that account. I don't have another bank account to link it to so what am I supposed to do?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

lamb888
New Community Member

I am having the same problem! If you find a solution, please let me know? So annoying, and I can't remember my old email!

Login to Me Too

Kperez11
New Community Member

I am also having that problem but mine is becuase my husband has a paypal with out account on it.  Let me know if you find an answer.

Login to Me Too

Ace193
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem except I managed to remember my old account info. Haha I cancelled the link to my bank account to my old account, but it still won't let me link the account!!!!!

Login to Me Too

apfi27
New Community Member

This is about what I would expect to happen...how very disappointing and a waste of your time.

Login to Me Too

Ace193
Contributor
Contributor

Well Paypal was very helpful with my problem. I forgot that I had a third account and the bank account was linked with that! Just call them if you haven't already. They are very helpful despite the accent. lol

Login to Me Too

apfi27
New Community Member

Contacting Paypal to 'resolve' my problem and become 'verified' has been a huge waste of my time.

I have been using paypal for many years and now there's a chance that I might not be who I say I am?

Paypal will not let me link my account to a joint bank account with my husband because it's already signed up under his email/paypal account.

When calling Customer Service, they were ZERO help and did nothing but WASTE my time!  She put me on hold and then came back to ask me if my husband could cancel his paypal link with the bank account so I could use it to pay for my things from Ebay....and he will then be unable to use paypal to purchase things.  

What good is paypal if the limit is only $10k???? AND you can't have a husband and wife using the same bank account????

PAYPAL FAIL.....

Login to Me Too

imgonnarelph
Contributor
Contributor

I still haven't found an anwser... is there anyone at paypal that can help?

Login to Me Too

onlinegal
New Community Member

Have you tried creating a child account? This is something many merchants may be unaware of. If you only have one bank account but want more than one paypal account, you can link the child account under your main account. You will need to contact marchant services to have them manually create this for you.

I will be doing a training video on this in the near future and put it on my YT channel

Hope this helps you in your solutionsWoman Very Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.