Can't Delete Credit Card?

mavitale
Contributor
Contributor

It says I can't delete it because I have a "transaction pending". However, when I go to my history I have NO pending transactions!! This is my company credit card and I need to decouple it from PayPal because I cannot risk having any personal charges on my bill. (new rule at work)

What is going on??

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

Beobe
New Community Member

Same question here. Hoping for an answer.

I've been trying for days to delete a credit card that has expired AND no longer exists. I have NO pending transactions. Hey, PayPal contacted ME and told me to update my credit card information.

Why can't I email PayPal and ask them?!

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Call PayPal... login to your PayPal account and click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page... the following page will provide you with contact instructions and the PayPal phone number for your account.

Login to Me Too

Drumshhh
Contributor
Contributor

You may be interested in my saga:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Bank-accounts-and-credit-cards/Unable-to-remove-bank-account-Pay...

I hope your experience is better than mine. 😞

Login to Me Too

mkbilbo

Mine is verging on turning into yours. Fortunately, losing my PayPal isn't as much a problem for me as for you so the "solution" of changing my account numbers and closing my PayPay account entirely is an option. One that's looking better every day they won't let go of that card...

Login to Me Too

I have the same old Paypal account and the same problem as Drummsh ... no way after almost a week to delete an old corporate credit card from my account even though I have several thousand dollars in the account and another backup credit card. 

Help.  Has anyone figured out how to get Paypal's attention on this?

Login to Me Too

sandpat
New Community Member

Seems like this topic is gathering a crowd Paypal....are you listening?

I have the exact same issue.

Login to Me Too

terrychola

WOW!!!  People have been having issues for nearly a year now.  Seriously, PayPal.   Why is it that you can't offer people a solution to this after almost a YEAR??  That's unacceptable to me.  I have the same issue with not being able to delete a debit card or the bank account it belongs to.  Saying I have pending transactions when I don't.  This is ridiculous.  I emailed Customer service, so I'll wait to see what they say.

Seems to me there is a glitch in the system that doesn't clear the account once transactions are completed.  Can't be that difficult to fix and customer service should be able to manually fix it as calls come in.  I will call them if I don't get anywhere via email.

UPDATE:  I got an email response asking to call them to get the fastest solution, so I did.  The CSR deleted my bank account and debit card for me, but could not tell me why it happened or what they are doing to fix the issue.

Login to Me Too

garojki
New Community Member

I too have a Credit Card I would like to remove from my Credit Card List. - Also receiving the message there are pending transactions, which there are none.

Now, here's the real kicker - The card has been expired since October 2009 and I still can't remove it.

This is a serious flaw in the program design. Please fix in order to eliminate this credit card from my list.

Login to Me Too

rstysmth

I too, have a credit card I would like to delete, or transfer to a business account!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.