Bank account

Kato213
Contributor
Contributor

okay  I'm unable to link my bank account with my new paypal account i used the same banck account on an old paypal account but I deleted that account but Is till get the same message "We're sorry, but that bank can't be linked to any more PayPal accounts. Please link a different bank account." can anyone help?

-kato

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

dph84
New Community Member

I am having the same problem, and one thing was weird about it as well--even before I deleted the old account, it seemed like it had lost my bank account information in the span of time the paypal account wasn't being used.  So my bank was gone from the old account, I deleted the old account, and now the new account can't use the same bank??

Login to Me Too

pattycake538

I just opened a second account for my personal use and was told I cannot link my bank account to it because it is being used by another account.  Has anyone ever received an explanation of this condition ?  I can pay any two other bills with my same bank account so I'm unclear of the reasoning for not allowing more than one paypal account to draw from my bank account.  Any thoughts??

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello pattycake538, 

Welcome to the Community Robot wink

A bank account, a credit card, or a debit card can be linked to one PayPal account at a time. However, if approved, you may be able to add them to a second PayPal account. You will be informed when linking the bank or card to the second PayPal account if you have been approved.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Kato213
Contributor
Contributor

So, does this mean I will not be able to link my bank account with my new paypal, even though the old one has been deleted? Smiley Indifferent - Kato

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Kato213,

Yes, you should be able to link your bank account to your new PayPal account as long as it is not linked to another PayPal account.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Kato213
Contributor
Contributor

If I keep recieveing this error "We're sorry, but that bank can't be linked to any more PayPal accounts. Please link a different bank account."  does that mean someone else is using my bank account? -Kato

Login to Me Too

greengirl
New Community Member

I am getting the same problem and think it is because my account has been dormant for a long time and it looks like paypal has removed it from my account but still has a record of it somewhere. So how can I link it again to the same account please. It is all very well Misty saying I should be able to but the options are not letting me register it.

Login to Me Too

stewartfamily
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem, when I try to link my bank which is a big well known bank Wells Fargo, it will not let me link it saying we cannot link to that bank, choose another bank, I DONT HAVE ANOTHER BANK! Ive had this one for 15 years!!

What is up with that?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.