Another "Can not remove credit card from profile" problem

Treachery
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone in this part of this forum knows the senario:

When trying to remove a credit card from your profile you get this message even if you have nothing pending:

"You may not remove your back-up funding source while an instant transfer is still pending."

All similar messages that i have read in this forum appears to have NO resolution. As if the Admins are ignoring this particular subject

Why is PayPal throwing a road block regarding this simple request?

I don't feel comfortable with this issue and i don't like it when PayPal or any other financial institution for that matter, ignore its own customers. Paypal is holding bank & credit card accounts against the wishes of the account owner without sufficient reason.

I am giving Paypal 5 days to remove one credit card in my profile. If Paypal does not comply with my request, i'm closing my account and will send a message to my local press.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jimmol
Contributor
Contributor

Wish I would have seen yours before I posted, I would have added to it. 

It does seem that paypal has moved from a service oriented business to an money making business. When you have a monopoly on the payment system of ebay, due to the fact that everyone uses you and not another method, you can do what you wish. 

Keep us posted as to what happens, we all want it resolve...

Login to Me Too

jimmol
Contributor
Contributor

One more thing. Protect yourself from further stress.

Make sure you send the facts.

Don't say anything that cannot be proven or their lawyers my come after you for libel. Then again, if this hits the wire, they may contact you anyway just to rouse you. 

Good Luck

Login to Me Too

i-mac
Contributor
Contributor

I read your posts re removing credit cards. I also have that error about "pending" . I added a NEW credit card no problem as my other was defunct. Why paypal wont you let me remove a card thats no longer in use

A bit off putting to say the least. Im now contacting paypal as I really dont like this .Does anyone have any suggestions

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.