Adding a foreign (German) bank account?

Smurfey002
New Community Member

I currently live in Germany and want to add an account that I have here that uses Euros. I currently have a bank account linked for dollars. I know I can pay for items easily using my US account and paypal will convert it to Euros, but I want to add my German bank account. The problem is when PayPal prompts me to input the bank account and routing number, the number of digits here are different than a US account. Any ideas?Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

US PayPal accounts can only add bank accounts that are from the US.  So, if you've moved to Germany, you would want to open a separate German PayPal account.  This would give you the option of adding the bank account you desire, and also allow you to register your address in Germany, as neither can be done on a US account.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

j-dog
New Community Member

I am in a similar situation as the post about the German bank, except I am in France. Can one then transfer funds from a German  (or French) paypal to a US paypal? Before setting up the acct, I would like to make sure it is something that would  be useful

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.