Adding, Updating or Editing Credit Cards in Paypal: STILL A PROBLEM

LionsCourt
Contributor
Contributor

I have seen this topic posted in several ways, so I thought I would start another, hoping we might

get one long thread going, rather than a bunch of shorter ones.

LIke many of you, I have several credit cards associated with my Paypal account.

I have one that I regularly use that has a very low APR combined with a high limit.

It is the default card I use for all eBay purchases.

Well, the card's old expiration date was January.

I got a replacement card with a new expiration date back in early December.

I went to update/edit it in Paypal, and I got the same message all of you have been seeing:

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

I've been logging in to Paypal nearly every day since then, trying to update

my credit cards using several different paths:

profile -> update/edit

profile -> more options -> my money -> update

I tried calling customer service, which was a horrible experience because after being on the phone for

forty minutes, after telling them repeatedly that I had tried different browsers,

on different computers, with cookies cleared, to which they replied I should try again..

that they FINALLY say, after putting me on hold, "Sorry, this is a known issue."

REALLY?  After having me on the phone for nearly an hour

talking to me like I am an idiot you find out that a known issue is YOUR PROBLEM

and you didn't know this the forty minutes I was on the phone?  

Great.  

Thanks Paypal.

Well, now it is a month later, and I have reached the point where not having the ability to update that credit card with the new expiration date means that I will have to stop shopping at eBay or using Paypal until they get this resolved.

The customer service has been poor.

The more than a month of this being a technical issue is beyond unacceptable.

And now both eBay and Paypal will see their businesses hurt because of Paypal's inability to fix this issue.

I know many of you will be in this same situation as more time goes by with this unresolved.

I find it incredibly stupid that I got an automatic email the other day from Paypal that I need to update

my credit card that is about to expire.

Now it will start to hurt Paypal in their revenue from me whether I want it to or not.

Please share your similar stories here.  

Hopefully someone high enough in Paypal and eBay will start to become concerned

enough about how much money they are both starting to lose that this gets made a priority

to resolve.  It certainly has not been a high enough priority yet, as taking a month to fix this

is beyond ridiculous and VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

BobWW
Contributor
Contributor

Calling customer service didn't help. The rep I got claimed he was unauthorized to change the experation date.

Login to Me Too

LionsCourt
Contributor
Contributor

I tried twice today, and both times I was able to get in and edit and update my credit card with the new expiration date.

It is working fo rme now!!!Smiley Very Happy.  

Is it working for others?

Login to Me Too

Audio54
Contributor
Contributor

Good for you Lionscourt. I had a feeling they knew when they fixed mine on the phone.

Login to Me Too

BobWW
Contributor
Contributor

It is fixed.

Login to Me Too

Phil1965
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you PayPal.....took you long enough, but you fix it!!!!!!

Please next time send out a Notice!

Login to Me Too

Veronice
New Community Member

I'm still having trouble with updating my credit card account.  Will try again tomorrow.  

@Phil1965 wrote:

Thank you PayPal.....took you long enough, but you fix it!!!!!!

Please next time send out a Notice!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.