Add Visa Gift Card

Steven12t
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,i want ask a question is Paypal accept Visa Gift Card??

I want buy on Ebay an i can add the Visa Gift Card it say:

'''''''We were unable to verify this credit card. Please check if the information you entered is correct. If the problem persists, please try to enter a different credit card"""""

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello everyone!

Gift cards are not recommended for use with PayPal. The use of any type of card through PayPal generally involves verification. Since gift cards and prepaid or stored value cards are not associated with your name or a billing address, they often cannot pass that verification.

If you have a gift card, your best bet is to use the number in the traditional way on a merchant's website.

Hope this helps!

Lilly

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

Bsmith184
New Community Member

It seems as though PayPal has discontinued the ability to use Giftcards/prepaid debit cards

Login to Me Too

Matthew10234
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem =( it **bleep** after I bought the card

Login to Me Too

Matthew10234
Contributor
Contributor

Please anyone out there... any help would be much appreciated I have no single idea on what I have to do to fix the problem.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello everyone!

Gift cards are not recommended for use with PayPal. The use of any type of card through PayPal generally involves verification. Since gift cards and prepaid or stored value cards are not associated with your name or a billing address, they often cannot pass that verification.

If you have a gift card, your best bet is to use the number in the traditional way on a merchant's website.

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

joe1990

i was unable to verify my new paypal account , so when my friend sent me $18.00 i am unable to use this money and i have no way to send it back to him because of my 0.00 spending limit. is there anything i can do to get my money out of paypal?

Login to Me Too

Matthew10234
Contributor
Contributor

*sigh* well thanks for nothing pay-pal =/

Login to Me Too

JennaClark
Contributor
Contributor

HI EVERYONE   Smiley Happy    I AM NOT BY ANY MEANS A PAYPAL EXPERT & MAYBE THINGS CHANGED IN THE LAST WEEK BUT I WAS ABLE TO &  HAVE ADDED MANY VISA GIFT CARDS AS A TEMPORARY FUNDING SOURCE FOR PAYPAL. 

YOU JUST HAVE TO REGISTER THE CARD AT THE WEB ADDRESS ON THE BACK OF YOUR CARD. IF YOU UTILIZE THE SAME BILLING ADDRESS ~ (FOR THE GIFT CARD REGISTRATION) ~ THAT YOU USED FOR PAYPAL'S ORIGINAL ACCOUNT VERIFICATION YOU SHOULDN'T RUN INTO ANY PROBLEMS.

I HOPE YOU ARE ABLE TO TRANSLATE MY RUN ON SENTENCES INTO ENGLISH..I  TYPE LIKE I SPEAK & MY LANGUAGE IS FAR FROM PROPER, MY APOLOGIES.  Smiley Wink

CHEERS!

JENNA

Login to Me Too

sliide
Contributor
Contributor

You do very well Jena.

Login to Me Too

sliide
Contributor
Contributor

I mean Jenna Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.