Adding days to subscription

Tarun_uppal123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I'm a web developer and fairly new to PayPal. I'm developing a subscription based model for a client who uses PayPal. Now in his model he wants the customer to be able to pause their subscription for any number of days between 1 day and 1 month. I have to achieve this using the PHP PayPal api. What is required is that when a customer pauses his/her account, the number of paused days should be added to the susbscription, for example, if a customer has taken a 6 months subscription plan i.e. he'll be billed 2 times an year, and let's say he started on 1st Jan 2017 and his first subscription period will expire on 30th June 2017, and the next recurring payment will be on 1st July 2017, but for some reasons he 'paused' his services from 1st Feb 2017 till 10th Feb 2017, now what should happen is that his first period should get extended i.e. it should be from 1st Jan 2017 till 10th July 2017 and the next recurring payment should start from 11th July 2017, but should be of six months only, if he doesn't pause his services again.

I found a feature 'suspend' with the paypal API, so I think that this might do what I want but I'm not sure. I'm planning that when a customer request 10 days pause. I'll send a 10 days suspend request to PayPal and this will extend the current susbscription and set the next subscription date to be on 10 days later than previously set. Please let me know if this is the right approach or there is another way to achiev this.

P.S.: I'm not storing any credit card information in my database so I can not cancel and charge again from my side.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.