'spoof@paypal.co.uk' .................................. can you trust advice from this source !!!!!!

fintanmichael
Contributor
Contributor

Part 1: Forwarded an obviously suspect email to above address as Paypal website recommended - the email requested that I complete form to include bank details etc. Official reply from Paypal was to 'confirm' that the suspect email was genuine !!! I requested by email that Paypal should reinvestigate and reply. Paypal have completely ignored this sensinle request. I have heard nothing since.

Having seen the litany of messages in the Forum regarding suspect, ie phishing emails, it is incomprehensible that the Paypal organisation can be so negligent and can expose clients to such dangers.

Part 2: Received another suspect email today which was [again] forwarded to spoof@paypal etc pointing out the suspicious bits and requesting that I be contacted to confirm that ' the email is indeed not genuine. Am now awaiting reply.

Will post the information to the Forum when received .......................... Paypal's reputability for identifying and dealing with phishing is, as far as I am concerned, on the line ?????

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

michaelkemsley
Contributor
Contributor

I am usually fully aware of email that I should not answer.

This time I was a bit slow, so I contacted as quick as I could

& I know that you have to be as quick as possible.

I also sent an email to my bank & they are usually very quick

to pick up problems like this, so I am keeping my finguers crossed.

I do not have a lot of money in the bank but that is all we have.

Many thanks to PayPal & at the least you are aware.

Michael Kemsley

Login to Me Too

michaelkemsley
Contributor
Contributor

Usually I am very aware of these problems I just was'nt thinking for a few mind.

As for these people are very quick I just hope that we have caught it in time.

Many thanks I just hope that I was lucky  Michael Kemsley

Login to Me Too

Meadow12
Contributor
Contributor
Attachments, pictures and links in this message have been blocked for your safety. Show content Payment Reminder For Transaction Number 97T59133YD753953Y Dear This email is to remind you of the payment made into your PayPal account by Adam A Johnson for the item (Samsung galaxy s4 16gb gt-19505 white frost) bought from you on eBay. The payment transaction number is:97T59133YD753953Y and you have the sum of £450.00 pending to be cleared. We have already deducted the money from the buyers account. We have the money waiting in our escrow account for you to clear. To make this clearance you need to verify the shipping reference number. This is a must to ensure a safe PayPal experience. To verify your shipping reference number at this time, please email the shipping reference number to us at PayPal by replying to this email as soon as possible. We shall credit your account once we receive the shipping reference number. You will find the shipping reference number on the receipt giving to you at the post office by Royal mail. So send the reference number as soon as possible for fast transfer of your money. Payment Details : Sealed Amount : £450.00 Payment With PayPal is easy,fast and reliable. PayPal makes it easy to Send and Receive money. Yours sincerely, PayPal Copyright © 1999-2013 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions Registered office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxemburg RCS Luxemburg B 118 349 PayPal Email ID PP753
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A SCAM.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Most scams originate from Nigeria and people there cannot even own a paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

drakeyboy
New Community Member
I Gotta say I believe that email spoof@paypal.co.uk is also a fake email for the scammers out there sending the fake PayPal emails so that when we think we got a fake PayPal email we send it to that email address spoof@paypal.co.uk and they tell us that the email we got is legit thus tricking us into downloading the form or giving out our info to steal our identity and our finances what a bunch of sneaky crooks you gotta be smart people double and triple check everything these scammers **bleep** need to go out and get a real job get a life the world Is already paranoid enough as it is now you throw This in the mix now you really can't trust nothing
Login to Me Too

Meltnmold
New Community Member

I just had a couple of phishing attempts on my account and tried to forward them to the Spoof address and they bounced but I called and talked to a lady at PayPal and she told me to send them to another address (which this forum will not let me post) and they went through.

So if you have a phishing attempt, or believe that it might be a phishing attempt, call PayPay and they will give you an address to send them to.

Login to Me Too

crosseyed
New Community Member

Well, I have lost count how many 'spoof emails' I have forwarded, including full headers...same old reply, same old 'advice'.

WHEN IS PAYPAL GOING TO TAKE ACTION AGAINST THESE PEOPLE??? Prove to your customers that you TAKE OUR ACCOUNT SAFETY AS SERIOUSLY AS YOU CLAIM??

Has anyone ever heard that PAYPAL has investigated, tracked down and prosecuted one of these people - I don't hear any 'yes's out there....but we hear that PAYPAL itself has been hacked...really fills us with confidence....

Please do not post one of your standard 'advice' stuff Paypal, I can probably say it word for word..give us RESULTS and STOP THE SCAMMERS, SPOOFERS AND DODGY DEALERS - PLEASE????

Login to Me Too

AndrewWJones
New Community Member

I have just tried to report a scam email warning me of  "unusual sign in" . Top of Google search was a link for reporting to Paypal which lead to "This page does not exist". What is going on? I have recently had a number of Paypal related emails with links to obviously suspicious sites (checked with “who is”). If I had not been suspicious myself and had clicked on the links, what then?

Paypal please answer!

Login to Me Too

Omegazeta
Contributor
Contributor

Always forward suspicious "PayPal" emails to spoof@paypal.co.uk or spoof@paypal.com if you're in the US

Paypal can't investigate these frauds unless people report them.

Genuine PayPal emails will always agrees you correctly by name. They NEVER say Dear Member or such like.

Login to Me Too

As per previous posts. What the f*** are PayPal doing about the scammers. I get at least one a day and forward. No correspondence - apart from a standard message. I expect someone just clicks on a million times a day. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.