sending money to my sons bank account

philc61
Contributor
Contributor

hi all could anyone clear up sending money for me i want to send money to my sons bank account i put my sons email address i and it said payment will be made to ryan which is my sons name. is that all i do how does it no my sons bank account details, and does he have to be pay pal registered. thanks in advance phil 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you want to pay money into your sons bank account you need to go to a bank not paypal. If you pay cash in at the same named bank he uses with his sort code and account number it will be credited at once.  

You can send payment to your sons PAYPAL account and as long as he has a verified bank account attached to that paypal account then HE can withdraw the funds to that bank account, its not automatic and paypal do not do it for him.

If you do want to do this then you need to make sure you use the personal tab  > gift payment so that he does not get charged a fee to accept it. Also make sure you put in his paypal email address correctly cus if it goes to anothers email address you won't get the money back again.

Also to make sure their are no fees you must fund the gift payment using funds from your bank account or paypal balance and not a debit or credit card. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you want to pay money into your sons bank account you need to go to a bank not paypal. If you pay cash in at the same named bank he uses with his sort code and account number it will be credited at once.  

You can send payment to your sons PAYPAL account and as long as he has a verified bank account attached to that paypal account then HE can withdraw the funds to that bank account, its not automatic and paypal do not do it for him.

If you do want to do this then you need to make sure you use the personal tab  > gift payment so that he does not get charged a fee to accept it. Also make sure you put in his paypal email address correctly cus if it goes to anothers email address you won't get the money back again.

Also to make sure their are no fees you must fund the gift payment using funds from your bank account or paypal balance and not a debit or credit card. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

GPGYVPX8K4DRU
New Community Member

hi all could anyone clear up sending money for me i want to send money to my sons bank account i put my sons email address i and it said payment will be made to ryan which is my sons name. is that all i do how does it no my sons bank account details, and does he have to be pay pal registered. thanks in advance phil 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can't pay funds direct into your sons bank account via paypal.

If you want to pay direct to your sons bank account then go to the high street and use the same bank he uses and use his sort code and account number.

If you want to use paypal you can send payment to his PAYPAL ACCOUNT and then he can withdraw the funds himself to his bank account AS LONG AS  he has his bank account linked and verified to his paypal account.   

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.