problem refunding via paypal with a ebay case

Contributor
Contributor

I have had a case open about me on eBay.  I have had a few in the past and have no problems at all refunding.

However this time, the status of the payment is "held" and it means i do not get the "refund" option which is usually available.

I have gone back and forth with this case, and spoke to eBay about it, as all i want to do is refund the person and i have not had problems in the pass.  On the case which has been opened i have the "issue a refund" i click on this and i get

"by selecting ok you will refund.... £206.99.... etc" I click ok and then get

There was a problem processing your PayPal refund.
    • Please check that your PayPal account is in good standing and try again.
    • If you're still experiencing issues, please go to the PayPal Help Centre. Have your case details ready for reference.

I have checked the original paypal transaction and it still says its "held" and "placed"

The case ID is 5009627677

buyer justind2382 amount £206.99

I would appreciate some answers.  I have messaged eBay informing them that i have been trying to refund.

Any advice would be great.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Pickled_Lemur
Contributor
Contributor

I've seen a few people having the same problem over the last few days, myself included. Is this a technical issue? I've got a very irritable buyer here who's now been waiting a week for her refund - I need to get this sorted NOW.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

Once you don't have a negative balance in your PayPal account the link in the eBay case should work. But I will take a closer look at this in case there are any issues with the process.

Can you let me know if you have a negative balance or not please?

Login to Me Too

iCoNzZZHD
New Community Member

my paypal balance is 0.00 and it still wont let me do it for sum reason,,, ADVICE ????

Login to Me Too

Davidos_81
Contributor
Contributor

Same with me except I have even put the refund money into paypal and I have a balance of £105 and it still won't let me refund the buyer. It gives me the same message as is in the first post.

Any help gratefully recieved.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Davidos_81,

Is there a PayPal or eBay claim opened against this transaction at the moment? 

If so, you may need to refund through the Resolution Centre of your eBay/PayPal account depending on where the case is opened.

Let us know how you get on!

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

Veatex
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.  When I press Issue a refund button on eBay, I get

There was a problem processing your PayPal refund message. I'm sure that my PayPal is in a good standing and I've enough funds on my PP balance to issue a refund.

If I'll not refund a buyer quickly the claim will be considered by eBay's staff and this can harm my seller's perfomance. 

I've not find any solution yet. How can I issue a refund?

Login to Me Too

hswear3
New Community Member

I am having the exact same problem. I need to refund $99.99 from a PayPal balance of about $114.00 or the young man who returned the item will by very angry. As with package tracking available from USPS, he knows I have it in my hands. I also want to contact him but can find no way to do that.

Support person, please HELP!

Login to Me Too

NanBiz
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here.  Same message from ebay resolution center

The refund failed
There was a problem sending your refund to the buyer
To try again or to see what's wrong, go to PayPal.

Then when I click through to PayPal, the payment is on hold (since there is a case open) and there is no refund button.  I just want to refund my buyer for a lost package.  There is plenty of funds in PayPal to cover the refund.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.