prepaid cards

deerhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, im a bit of  noob to all this..

im wondering if i can send money from my paypal to a prepaid credit card, my little brother is going travelling and id like to give him the card and keep it topped up for him, or do paypal themseves do any of these cards..

thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can only withdraw funds from your paypal account to your bank account in the UK.

You can only send a payment to another paypal account.

What i did  when my son went travelling is used western union. (worldwide, not too pricey and loads of places for him to pick up the funds).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

deerhunter
Contributor
Contributor

western union, i take it i transfer that from my bank account and not from paypal, ive never used them before are they as trused as paypal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry meant moneygram available from the post offices etc etc.

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole if i was sending money to a stranger as you have no buyer protection.

But for sending to my son they were fab.

They are based in most post offices and i just found out the nearest bank/po or place near where my son was staying and they filled in the form to send it there from the post office, i paid a small charge and they sent it in the local currency for him.

They give you a secure number that he had to produce along with his passport as i.d. to collect the money. I sent him funds to Guatemala, Mexico and America in various places, the money was always waiting for him within 24 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.