pending bank transfer

redbimota
Contributor
Contributor

just how long do I have to wait to have my money???  Pending bank transfer for 4 days now

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

graham1949
Contributor
Contributor

Your response did not make sense to me so i am asking in individual questions..

1. Why is it that if i make a  payment  of £1 from my halifax account into my paypal account it takes a few minutes

2. Why is it that if i make a payment of  £25 from my halifax account into my paypal account it takes 24 hrs

3. Why is it that once the payment of £25 is paid into my paypal account although i can see the balance it is still clearing..

4 .Why is it that i want to refund a buyer out of that balance when i do it is pending until 26/11..

@kernowlass wrote:

Its never instant > when you pay a seller paypal CREDIT the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds from your funding souce...........that takes up to 5 days....ish.

So if as the seller you process a refund then paypal will put it on hold as they are still waiting for the buyers payment to progress through to paypal and then they will credit the refund.

This is because paypal use electronic transfers and not wire transfers (which are instant.)

Login to Me Too

Angel77joanne
Contributor
Contributor
Same just happened to me!! Payment went through PayPal always in bank straight away!! Now saying 72 hours!!! Taking **bleep**!! Now I've got to tell buyers to get refund ridiculous!!!
Login to Me Too

11 days qnd still no word. My bank is less by 30 £ but the m8ney is gone. Why is it happenning? 

Login to Me Too

Foldz
Contributor
Contributor

Why does it even pend? Before my money used to eb transfered in a second. Now i have to wait for it, any resolutions or explintions? 

Login to Me Too

TDavisMann
New Community Member
Yes, there are a number of rationales that PayPal will cite when asked about pending/held money...and much of it is common sense and/or standard practice. However, when it comes to many situation, esp when (all relevant parties') sufficient funds are all already in PayPal...the bottom line is that PayPal (like other transactional service providers) will fudge things their way - slightly - to keep more funds in their bank for longer, to accumulate more interest. An no, I don't mean the interest they pay you...I'm talking about tiny TINY increment built up over zillions of transactions to equal big cash over time. The difference here is that youre often forced to use PayPal (eBay), AND more importantly, there cannot be issues of ensuring sufficient funds from one party in a transaction...when they both have said funds within their accounts on PayPal! PayPal (and EBay) love to try some sneaky...crap. Before they were even truly 2 separate entities, they forced you to bounce between their respective customer support dept's when settling issues involving interaction between your PayPal and eBay accounts *(they also hoped to keep as many people as possible from realizing that - as sellers at least - the same company, essentially, was taxing your business transactions TWICE, since eBay and PayPal each take their chunk from every sale...and PayPal, naturally, has always been your only option for transactions on ebay🤔).
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.