paypal account in 2 different countries??

thisisit
New Community Member

Hi Guys are you allowed to have 2 paypal accounts in different countries for example-

i have an account in Spain registered with spanish credit card

i also have an address in uk can i register with address with uk credit card

as ive tried to register my uk card in my spanish account but it knocks it back because its british registered card

the reason if i buy items on ebay uk id rather pay with my uk card as its cheaper than changing euros all the time thanks in advance for your help best regards Thisisit

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

PayPal_paula

Hi thisisit,

It is not advised to have two PayPal accounts in different countries. Your PayPal account should be open in your country of residence. If you live in Spain then you should only have a Spanish PayPal account with Spanish financial information. The same applies for UK accounts were you can only add UK financial information.

This is designed as a security measures to protect all of our members.

May I suggest that you only use the account for the country you are resident in.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

JohnW1969
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have a similar problem in that I've moved to another country. I can't put my new address nor new cards into my UK acccount (obviously) but I also cannot create a new account as it says I already have an account with the email.

I do not wish to get another email address.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there JohnW1969,

You would have to have another email address to proceed, even if it is only temporarily Smiley Happy

Ideally, you could remove the current email address from your UK account but in order to do this you have to have another email address added and made primary on your UK account first. So you could add a new email address to your UK account and make it your primary, this will allow you to have your current email address on whatever account you wish.

I hope this information helps you

Wayne

Login to Me Too

Claudinitude
So is it possible to link bank accounts from 2 different countries to 1 single PayPal account?
Login to Me Too

rvelo
New Community Member

Hi,

I have changed countries of residence 4 times now, having created bank accounts in each country I have lived on. 

Do you mean to say that Paypal expects me to create and use four different email addresses and paypal accounts?

Also, what do you mean I have to have "one country of residence only"?

I can have whatever the number of residences I want a the same time, even if only for working and living!

I can even have two nationalities, for god's sake!

This is a matter where Paypal policy is going against the users' reality.
A LOT of people have bank accounts in more than one country.

In today's world, where more and more people work and live in diferent countries (or travel a lot for a living), this limitation makes it dificult for whoever wants to pay using paypal in their local currency accounts.

Is Paypal thinking of their currency exchange fees business when imposing this restriction?

I.e. this way people that can't use their local accounts to pay with paypal see themselves obligated to pay exchange fees in order to use Paypal.

By the way, calling this a "security" measure is just a poor excuse for Paypal limitations...

E.g.: offering the workaround of creating another email/account when someone moves countries (as I have seen moderators suggest in this forum) simply defeats the purpose of paypal's policy.

Thank you,

RV

Login to Me Too

jerrycho85
New Community Member

hi there,

i have a similar issue. i send money abroad (slovakia) every month and its costing me £20 each month via bank.

i have a bank account in uk and one in slovakia, where i send the money. and i was wondering, if its possible to send money from my uk account and withdraw with my slovakian account. it would save me a lot of effort and money. i was looking for the prices for withdrawing money in slovakia but i couldn't find it.

thank you very much

jake

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi jerrycho85,

I would suggest that you firstly open a PayPal account in Slovakia. Once you have your account opened I would suggest that you add your Slovak bank account to it.

When you are withdrawing funds there is a minimum withdrawal limit of €10.00euro per withdrawal. Also fees differ depending on whether you are withdrawing to bank account or a card( only for certain accounts) so I would suggest that you click on the fees link at the bottom of your Slovak account overview page. Finally the withdrawal timeframe for Slovakian withdrawals is 2-3 working days.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

alfay

I am resident in the UK and have a UK paypal and bank account. I spend almost half the year at my apartment in Spain. Is it possible to open a Spanish paypal account and link it to my Spanish bank account for any euro invoices etc?

Login to Me Too

inkdoctor4
New Community Member

I have been told by Pay Pal that to move money from the us pp account to ecuador i would

need a pp account in EC linked to an Ec bank account  and then I could do it.

In other words money moving.....pp ...........to pp..... from us to ec.

Morgan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.