payment reversal scam

gish
Contributor
Contributor

i sold  a item on ebay back on 8 may 2011 and buyer never paid so i opened a dispute to get money and they finally paid on 17th may so i sent off item.

now i have recieved an email off paypal saying they are holding the funds as the buyer had unathorised the payment.

now 10 weeks later the buyer has his item and and i not got proof of postage anymore as i expect everthing is ok now paypal want to see proof of postage.

i am 100% certain the buyer is scamming me as they probably now fine well i aint got reciept anymore and didnt want to pay for item in first place so this way they could get money back.

please help as this has really annoyed me

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

johnS6
New Community Member

I have almost 1000 positive Ebay feedback, with all my ratings at 5.0 and 4.9 - yet I've just had my first claim in over 10 years of being an Ebayer because an overseas buyer claimed that they didn't receive my item (sent over the busy Christmas period), and Paypal have sided with the buyer as expected.

My terms and conditions of the sale which the buyer agreed to were along the lines of  "overseas buyers buy at their own risk, neither myself nor Ebay can take responsibility for items posted overseas that are lost, damaged or delayed", which clearly now means nothing.

I even stated that I would be willing to offer a partial refund as it's hardly fair that I should lose out completely due to the dispute being completely down to the word of the buyer (who has low feedback, and ratings of around 4.0) that the item wasn't received. But no, they just say that they have "investigated", favoured the buyer and give no reasoning as to their decision.

To add insult to injury not only have I lost almost £20 but on removing the money from my account Paypal have also deducted an extra fee from my account of 92p on top of the original value!

Paypal are pathetic, they're no better than the scammers themselves. I'd love an explanation as to their reasoning, but obviously won't get one.

Login to Me Too

torie
Contributor
Contributor

JohnS6

I feel for you too.What a joke.

This is all very frustrating. I have a feedback score of over 100 and it is 100% positive. I have never had a complaint or a dispute, however paypal have decided to hold all of my money !!

As you have said, they are nothing but scammers themselves who always push the blame on to other people. I mean.... what are the police going to do to help people who get scammed online through paypal???

Being married to a police officer I can tell you paypal...... they will just laugh at us and tell us to get back on to you as it is YOUR responsibility to sort out !!!!! But then again you are not interested are you.............

The police and citizens advice have enough to deal with without having to pick up the peices of your s*** service !!!!

I hope that you do get an explanation JohnS6 as you do deserve one.

Take care

Login to Me Too

EvTheProducer
New Community Member

Actually it is Paypal's fault. I think it's pretty ridiculous that someone can just buy something from you, reverse it, then walk away with both product and their money. There isn't even a blocking feature which is even more absurd. I mean what do they do except sit at a table thinking of more ways to scam people who don't buy into their cash-grab schemes.

Login to Me Too

Dionwatts
Contributor
Contributor
I sold a camera in great consign on eBay with "no returns" stated on the auction. The buyer paid via PayPal and decided they didn't want the camera due to a few made up reasons like it didn't fit their pocket and it had scratches on bottom which it didn't as could be proven in auctionnpics. Buyer filed a chargeback with American Express and PayPal removed my money, charged me a $20 fee and basically told me the buyers American Express will decide who is right! Now I have no money and no camera.
Login to Me Too

HugePerry
Contributor
Contributor

He borrowed money from me and used his purchase as collateral until he paid off the Loan through a verified PayPal account. AFTER PAYPAL CONFIRMED THE PAYMENT, I RELEASED HIS COLLATERAL. I sent you the Loan Agreement. He logged on multiple times to Xcoins and logged in to his verified PayPal account to complete the transaction.

it's all over the internet, especially TOR, that if you open a paypal account, attach a credit card, and then find items you can get quickly and sell for cash. Then they call their CREDIT CARD COMPANY and have them work to get the money back from PayPal with the "I didn't do it" complaint.

It wasn't an unauthorized charge on a credit card because we only take PayPal. If it was an unauthorized PayPal payment then it's your fault.

You have a photo of the guy that paid for the transaction with his Driver's License in his hand. IF THAT'S THE GUY WHO OWNS THE ACCOUNT, HE MUST HAVE LOGGED IN AND PAID.

What is PayPal doing to address this problem of reversals?

/t5/Holds-reversals-reserves/payment-reversal-scam/td-p/307072?profile.language=en-gb

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=paypal%20reverse%20paym...

Just GOOGLE
paypal reverse payment scam

Why wasn't this an ALERT OR MESSAGE to me instead of you harassing me for MORE INFORMATION ON ME.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHECK THE CUSTOMER AS MUCH AS YOU DO ME?

ISN'T HE RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD?

I'll tell you what. I'll pay both current scammers, zero out my account(s) and I want to close them ALL.

Perry Baldwin

Login to Me Too

philziegs
New Community Member

I just had this scam done to me with electronic goods I sold.....Paypal kept saying becuase im not a busines they wouldnt protect me for the 700 i lost, they didnt even give me a chance to prove my case and give my evidence, they just reversed the transaction to this guy and debited my account......

My wife is 3 months pregnant and we needed that money, not only is PayPal not lifting a finger to help, they are ACTIVELY SUPPORTING FRAUD......

I talked to law enforcement (as they always tell you to do) who advised me that legally PayPal has to fix this, even though PayPal wont take ownership over it....im giving PayPal one last chance to do the right thing, then I will be taking this to the news stations, social media... and I will be filing a lawsuit against PayPal because this is ridiculous, i have been a customer of theirs for a while doing lots of business and they refuse to stand by their customers, terrible, absolutely terrible.

Login to Me Too

ThisSiteScams
New Community Member

Why do you always add hidden fees for us to pay PayPal? You didn' even warn me about this man I wouldn't be here if I could just use my card for payment purposes on Ebay, but no you wanna scam everyone in the world so you just create these problems for us right? I rejected all my auctions because everyone wanted to buy my items for ridiculously low prices, but by the time I cancelled them after the auction you used reverse payment fees on me which I did not agree to. This is the 2nd time you conned me out of money PayPal I know your going to try to justify your actions with agreement documents and all kinds of other documents you use to justify your actions against conning me and the rest of the community out of money. Everybody hates your system you are a terrible middle man, your malicious legal methods are similar to googles, and facebook selling wholesale personal information on it's users legally and conning advertisers with YouTube pre-programmed mislead ad clicks. I already reported this situation to my bank and I will make sure the rest of the community is aware of this **bleep** hidden fees you do not warn us about.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.