paying by credit cd--bank acct necessary?

sprite75
Contributor
Contributor

i recently signed up to Paypal UK, and in several places it says that even with a zero balance i can still make payments off my credit card.

i am not a seller.  in fact, i rarely need paypal to shop, it's mostly for charitable donations.

i DO NOT want to link my bank acct.

any suggestions?  i've tried several things listed on the website and they didn't work.

(also, the beginner's directions need a complete overhaul.)

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not linking a bank account is your choice however, without doing that, your account is quite limited. If PayPal does not seem right for you, you do have a choice as there are other services, see this info:

http://www.stayonsearch.com/top-10-paypal-alternatives

Login to Me Too

sprite75
Contributor
Contributor

limited indeed.  i can't do anything it seems, even though it keeps saying i can pay off my card.

i would mostly use paypal to pay into accounts set up as group donations.

will check out those and see if they'll allow me to pay into a paypal acct.

Login to Me Too

the5geez
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same boat?I have had a paypal account for 3-4 yrs,and now I have to link a bank account.Most of what I have read says they will use that first ,of course when I called I was told no,no we wont use it .Not sure why I cant continue as it is or even deposit funds to use?  HELP PLEASE

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.