money taken from my bank via DD for pay pal

cherylroberts
New Community Member

i have just been to the DD section in my bank because i noticed that the balance in my bank didn't match what was available to me, so i checked DD section and it said that pay pal have taken £29.33 as a monthly DD, the code next to it is 4Q5J2223JKR4W, why is money being taken from my bank to pay Pay pal? i have since canceled this as i have not added pay pal as a DD account

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

£29.33 would have been the price of the LAST item you bought from paypal;

When you add a bank account to use to pay for goods on paypal then you set up a direct debit, otherwise you would not be able to use your bank account to pay for goods or transfer funds from buyers into your bank account.

It DOES NOT mean that £29.33 is taken out MONTHLY, it only shows the last payment you paid for with paypal.

Its the same with other direct debits eg my water bill shows as direct debit of £62 but that does not mean its going out monthly its the last bill i paid them.

Now you have cancelled the direct debit your paypal account will not be verified and you won't be able to pay for goods from your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.