how to change the phone number

fanerapid

i  change my  phone  number  ,and  i can not  access   on  my account  because  the system  want  to send  me an verification code   on my phone number

how  i can change  my phone number  if can not access  my account

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi fanerapid,

You will not be able to change the phone number on your account without logging into your account. If you are getting stuck with this security check I would advise giving us a call. You will find our number by clicking 'contact' at the bottom of the PayPal page. You will be ask to login but on the right of the login box you will see an option to continue without the login.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

2010tina7
New Community Member

I try to login my PayPal account but the phone number there i was not use anymore how can I change it .my phone number now is 07763871537. Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi 2010tina7,

Welcome to our Community!

This sounds like a security challenge to me and if you're being asked to verify an older phone number during the login process, it's usually best to contact us directly by phone for assistance.

For privacy reasons, I'm afraid we don't have access to your PayPal account details on our community forum, you see. 

Would you consider giving us a quick ring on our UK toll-free number, 0800 358 7911?

I'm sure my colleagues will have you back into your account in no time at all 🙂 

Conor

Login to Me Too

James14
New Community Member
My old number phone is ‪07584669611‬ but can't log in PayPal cos I need change number phone but my new number is ‭07930161530‬ and need code !
Login to Me Too

janeus
New Community Member

Hi, I'm logged into my assount and in the middle of making a paymnt via n email account. The phone number to receive a code is an old number. It is not clear how to update the number - what do I do please

Login to Me Too

Victram
New Community Member
Same problem here. It has been more than 1 year that i dont access my old number. I think it doesnt even exist anymore. Can somebody allow me to enter in the account without verification code by sms? I already have everything to log in.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.