how do I change my country on Paypal?

Samanthacoo
New Community Member

I emigrated to New Zealand over 2 years ago and have changed my address in Paypal. however I can't remove UK from my address and have to clarify every time I buy something that postage is to NZ and not to just print the address off PayPal. Any ideas??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Samanthacoo,

When you move to another country, you need to close your old PayPal account and create a new account using your new address.

If you reside in both countries, you can keep your old PayPal account and create a new one, but only one of your accounts (if any) should be a Business account.

Siobhan 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

Rube2z
New Community Member

Where are the answers to thes questions?) The virtual agent is worthless ?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Samanthacoo,

When you move to another country, you need to close your old PayPal account and create a new account using your new address.

If you reside in both countries, you can keep your old PayPal account and create a new one, but only one of your accounts (if any) should be a Business account.

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

mondz
New Community Member

Hi! Can you answer the question on how to change country or close and create new account with the same email address?

thanks. Please make a specific answer if yes or no that it is possible to use same email add... i dont want to create or use another email add just for paypal.

Many thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there mondz, 

You cannot change country as advised above. You need to close your account and open on in your new country of residence.

Here’s how to close your old PayPal account:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Select ‘My account settings’.
  4. In the ‘Account Type’ section, click ‘Close account’ and follow the instructions. 

Here’s how to create a new PayPal account:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk
  2. Click ‘Sign Up’ at the top of the page.
  3. Select your country or region and your language.
  4. Select the type of account you want to create, and then click ‘Get Started.’
  5. Enter your information, and then click ‘Agree and Create Account.’

After you have confirmed your email address, you can use your new account.

Also, you can only use an email address on one PayPal account at a time.

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

awjet
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have moved from the UK to the UAE and I know that I need to create a new PayPal account for my country of residence (the UAE), in order to use a billing address in the UAE. What I want to know is, can I use the same UK bank account for a UAE PayPal account? This is important because the billing address for my UK bank account is a UAE billing address. For some reason, PayPal requires billing addresses (for credit cards) and contact phone numbers, to be in the same country that the PayPal account was registered in, which is not always the case especially nowadays as people are relocating more often.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_
New Community Member

"PayPal requires billing addresses (for credit cards) and contact phone numbers"

People are too much scared by rules. Nothing like that is really needed unless you want to obey. I have my billing address completely wrong, even country doesnt match the credit card issues coun the name doesnt match holder, the phone is from some random country... and guess what. I am successfuly using the account for years and made many transactions around the world.

I protect my privacy. I never provide real data on the internet. Simple as that.

Login to Me Too

jackichan111
New Community Member

Do you know if you can use the same credit cards for "different" accounts? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi jackichan111,

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. New members are always welcome.

On PayPal a card can only be registered to one PayPal account at a time.

I hope this answers your question.

Paula

Login to Me Too

Faranaze
Contributor
Contributor

i created a paypal account to receive payments for selling services  but unfortunately i wrongly entered my address as being in usa but i live outside the usa.now i am not able to withdraw that money.is there a possibility to transfer that money on my credit card which i have given while registering to paypal.i dont  have paypal debit card but a credit card from my bank in my country.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.