credit card verification

shirleyanne
New Community Member

I have received an email telling me my credit card (backup card to bank account) has expired.  It certainly has not expired the dated being 11/12 (Novemher 2012)  The email says I cannot continue to use Paypal account as this backup card is no longer valid, which is nonsense.  Please help as I am totally confused !

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

It's hard to tell if the e-mail is a real or spoof one. Log into your account normally, go to your profile and check the cards section. See if any cards are due to expire soon or not. Update them if they are, we might have outdated information if we were not updated last time you changed your card.

Here's some basic info on spoof e-mails as well  🙂 :

You’ll know that an email is not from PayPal when:

• The email uses a generic greeting like ‘Dear user’ or ‘Hello, PayPal member.’ We always address you by your first name and last name or the business name on your PayPal account.
  • The email requests financial and other personal information. For example, an email from PayPal never asks for the numbers of your bank account, debit or credit card, or driver’s license. We also don’t request your email addresses, your full name, your account password, or the answers to your PayPal security questions.
  • The email includes an attachment, a software update to install on your computer, or a hyperlink.

If you think you’ve received a phishing email, forward it to spoof@paypal.com. Then delete the fake email from your inbox.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.