complaint-response won't even read my inquiries!!!

dandus
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an iPhone from Nexistelecom, a seller on ecrater. They sent me the phone of the wrong color and wouldn't send me a replacement if not on my expenses, nor give me a refund. I asked for 50 GBP, since they lied about where the product would have been shipped from, and replied to my emails after 3 days, before becoming completely unresponsive.

Sparing you wiith all the details, I filed a paypal complaint. Paypal offered me a refund of 20 GBP, but I replyied that I didn't believe that was enough given all the time the seller wasted, and I wouldn't take it and asked if there were any other options.

Then paypal told me that I could send back the object at my own expenses and obtain a full refund. 

I found this quite disapponting, since I still do not see the reason why I should pay for a mistake on the seller behalf, and I would take the partial refund instead.

However, the complaint response staff just would not read my inquiries!!! They keep replying me with details on how to return the phone at my own expenses. I've sent 4 emails now, and 3 have returned with such standard, unhelpful answer. I just want someone to read my inquiry and give me a proper answer!

What can I do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

dandus
Contributor
Contributor

They finally responded and realised that they misunderstood me, so I got my (tiny) partial refund, at least. I just sent them the same e-mail for a fourth time, with a header all written in caps lock and a brief explanation of the fact that I was being ignored.

Thank you anyway for your answer. Actually the seller is based in UK, but it's anyway good to know that paypal does not provide this protection when buying internationally - I guess one should always read the small writings before buying insurance or similar services! Smiley Happy

The fact that I had to email them 4 times and wait 3 days before I actually got a reply is anyway incredible. I'm probably trying a different provider next time.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you refused the sellers offer of a part refund then the only way paypal can get you a full refund is if you send the item back trackable at your own expense to the seller.

Paypal cannot get you more than what you paid the seller through them ie the original cost of item plus initial postage. But in the event of an item received but not as described dispute you always have to return the goods back to the seller.......just as you would if you bought in the high street.

This is the risk you take if you buy internationally. If it was a U.K business then they would probably offer to refund your return postage costs as well and if they did not you could get it back via small claims court action.

But you lost that protection by buying internationally.  

Paypal email response is very poor always best to phone them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

dandus
Contributor
Contributor

They finally responded and realised that they misunderstood me, so I got my (tiny) partial refund, at least. I just sent them the same e-mail for a fourth time, with a header all written in caps lock and a brief explanation of the fact that I was being ignored.

Thank you anyway for your answer. Actually the seller is based in UK, but it's anyway good to know that paypal does not provide this protection when buying internationally - I guess one should always read the small writings before buying insurance or similar services! Smiley Happy

The fact that I had to email them 4 times and wait 3 days before I actually got a reply is anyway incredible. I'm probably trying a different provider next time.

Login to Me Too

marimarihi
Contributor
Contributor

YOU THINK YOU HAVE IT HARD

I PURCHASED A ITEM FROM SELLER A VALENTINE CARD

PHOTO SHOW A GREAT CARD BUT DIDNT SHOW FOLDED CREASE

CARD COST 18.00

I RETURNED CARD

SELLER REPLIED THAT SHE CARD CARD BACK TUES FEB 4 WITHIN THE 14 DAY DEALINE

SELLER REFUSES TO REFUND AD SAID 14 DAY MONEY BACK

RESOLUTION CENTER AT PAYPAL

I SAID MY SIDE OF DISPUTE SELLER REPLIES BACK AND ESCALATES CASE SO I COULDNT REPLY BACK

SELLER JUST DOES NOT WANT TO REFUND

SELLER SENDS BACK DAMAGED CARD IN UNOPENED ENVELOPE

IT SAID REFUSED

I RETURN ENVELOPE BACK TO SELLER WITH TRACK AND CONFIRM SAME DAY

I WENT TO PAYPAL EMAIL FOR HELP AND TOLD THEM WHAT SELLER DID SINCE I CANT REPLY TO RESOLUTION CENTER FOR REPLY SELLER ESCALATED THE CASE AND SELLER RETURNS

CARD THINKING SHE CAN AVOID REFUND

I GAVE PAYPAL MY TRACK AND CONFIRM THAT IT WAS RETURNED BACK AND PROTECTIVE DATE WAS TUESDAY 4 BECAUSE SELLER SAID SHE GOT RETURN TUESDAY 

SO MY EMAILS TO PAYPAL AND EBAY EMAIL TO SELLER ABOUT HER DIRTY TRICKS HOPING THESE PEOPLE AT PAYPAL READ IT INCLUDING EBAY MESSAGE

THIS SELLER IS TRYING TO AVOID REFUND AND HOPE RESOLUTION CENTER WILL RULE IN HER FAVOR IF ITEM WAS RETURNED BUT I RETURNED IT RIGHT BACK

DISPUTE IS FOR REFUND NOT RETURN

SELLERS PLAY REAL DIRTY POOL AND I HOPE PAYPAL READS MY PLEAS WHAT SELLER DID CASE IS STILL OPEN

ANY IDEAS

IF I GET DENIED HOW DO I DISPUTE CLAIM AT PAYPAL WITH A DIRTY SELLER

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If paypal find in your favour and you have provided them with a tracking number that proves delivery of the item back to the seller then the odds are you should win the claim.

Just wait and see. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

billloo2000
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have purchased these TrackR on 03-Oct-2017 and it is still on the way it is not delivered till now, so how can I returned the parcel before delivered to me. The case number is: PP-006-223-682-20 Please check this tracking number. I can be returned it after delivery and The parcel is on the way not delivered to me. PayPal told me to return the parcel update tracking number before 18-Oct-2017 how it is possible? Hope you understand my problem now.
Thank you
Vimal Pratap Singh
+919893082925
Please give me the email for followup about this case and direct contact to PayPal help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.