banned from facebook

robborugbyrobbo
Contributor
Contributor

many of you have probably read my story on how i have been defrauded of £500 and how paypal will not act. i posted the story on to paypal uk's facebook page and within minutes paypal banned me from commenting on there page!

if you've got nothing to hide paypal why are you trying to shut me up???????????

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Wayne

robborugbyrobbo wrote:

I have been defrauded of £500 and paypal have turned a blind eye and swept it under the carpet!

I purchased camping tickets for V festival back in march of this year from ebay for the sum of £500, I paid for the tickets via paypal where i have been a customer for over 5 years and thought i was protected against the countless fraudsters that are out there.

a few days after buying the tickets ebay messaged me saying there was a violation with the listing and they advised me not to pay and if i had payed to try and get refunded from the seller; failing that to open a dispute with ebay to settle the matter. after weeks of trying to contact the seller to no avail i opened a dispute expecting ebay to find in my favour, however they could not find in my favour because the tickets were NOT covered under ebay buyer protection because i was seen to be renting the land from chelmsford county council!

ebay then stressed that i would still be covered by paypal and that i should contact them. i contacted paypal and they REFUSED to take any further action because ebay had settled the dispute and as ebay is there sister company in there eyes the matter was closed!

i explaining to paypals call centre staff but all they kept saying was they couldn’t do anything because ebay had dealt with the matter.

i would strongly recommend to stay away from paypal because they lead you to believe you are save from fraudsters where as in reality its a completely different story. due to paypals incompetence i have had to involved my local authority in order to pursue this fraudster.

Hi there robborugbyrobbo,

Firstly, in case you noticed some of your posts missing, that was me. I deleted them due to the same information being repeated in numerous threads.

To answer your original query I took the above text from a previous post of yours.

PayPal are there to protect you and they provide that protection to millions of customers everyday. We do however expect our customers to know our policies and how they can best help themselves.

Our User Agreement is available for everyone to read before the sign up to a PayPal account. I've taken out a section in order to explain how we came to the conclusion we did with your query.

"13.12 No Double Recovery

You may not file a Dispute/Claim, or receive a recovery, for a purchase under PayPal Buyer Protection if you have already received a recovery for that purchase directly from eBay or the Payment Recipient."

You have the option of opening a dispute with eBay or PayPal not both I'm afraid. Once a case is opened with eBay we have no choice but to tell you there is no more we can do. If we were to open a dispute for you we would contravene our own User Agreement and this is not something we will ever do I'm afraid.

I know the answer is not one that gives you the outcome you wanted but to be fair to all of our customers we have to abide by the User Agreement everyone signs up to.

Wayne

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there,

I'm not sure why your post on our Facebook would have been removed, it may be down to the fact that the Facebook is not really a way of discussing account issues like this forum is. I doubt it is down to wanting to 'shut you up' Smiley Happy

Wayne

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.