adding bank card

debbie1234
New Community Member

Help trying to add a new bank card saying its being refused bank been in bank they say every think is OK with card

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

avaisahmed
New Community Member

i am unable to register my visa debit card on PayPal.I have LLoyds bank account.The system didn,t accept my card and it says the information is incorrect or try the other card..wat does it mean? i have valid visa card .kindly help me to resolve the issue.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there, when you add a credit card or update your credit card information, we temporarily charge a small amount to your card. We do this as a fraud prevention measure to ensure that your card is valid. If your card issuer doesn’t authorise the temporary charge and you try to use the card with your PayPal account, the card will be declined.

Here are some of the reasons why your card issuer may not authorise the temporary charge:

• The card issuer might be having technical problems that prevent us from requesting the authorisation.
  • The card issuer, as part of its own fraud prevention measures, might block the transaction because it doesn’t fit your normal spending patterns.
  • Your card may not support online payments.
  • You might have exceeded the limit on your card.

Please contact your card issuer. Ask them why they declined your card and whether you can use this card. Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Isitt72
New Community Member
I have tried to add my new paypal MasterCard credit card but paypay will not let me it keeps telling me that it cannot be added. So I have deleted the existing card on my account and tried again but it still won't let me. Can anyone help me?
Login to Me Too

doublex
Contributor
Contributor

I never recieved those little amounts paypal deposit me.

Where could be a problem? I use Lloyds tsb visa credit/debit card.

And i have no problems with money transactions on internet.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there doublex,

They can take the full 2-3 working days to show on your bank statement. Have you seen them yet?

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.