Your recipient must first set up his or her account to receive funds

abdi
New Community Member

Hello there ..

My account is verified, however my clients get the following error when they try to send me funds.

"Your recipient is not able to receive funds at this time. Your recipient must first set up his or her account to receive funds."

Any body advice me on how to resolve this issue ...

Thanks alot.

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

francoibaptiste
Contributor
Contributor
use the united states as country.
Login to Me Too

daoudm
Contributor
Contributor

One of my customers just reported the same issue, I got two payments before and nothing was changed, what could cause such an issue?

Login to Me Too

jalle007
Contributor
Contributor

I already setup my My Visa® Card issued in Bosnia & Herzegovina
for paypal. Then I verified it transferring small amount .

After all I did STILL CAN NOT RECEIVE THE MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT !!!
Person trying to send me receive error: "your recipient is not able to receive funds at this time"

What is the problem  please .? I need the solution NOW

I am long time customer of moneybookers and this never happen with them.

Jasmin

Login to Me Too

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Jasmin,

In cases such as Bosnia and Herzegovina, the financial instrument capable of withdrawing (Visa card) has to be added to the account. Make sure with your bank the card is capable of receiving withdrawn funds.

If you're not sure which withdrawal method your country supports, you can find them here:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

If you are still getting the error, you may need to ask Customer Service if Auto Sweep has to be enabled for the particular card on our end. This feature withdraws the balance to the card automatically.

I hope this helps.

Michael

Login to Me Too

daoudm
Contributor
Contributor

Guys,

I am having this issue for the last 5 days, I have followed your advise and checked everything, the wired thing that I already received payments and this issue suddenly started, I also contacted PayPal support and they have verified that there were no issues in my account and they need to escalate this to the technical team, it took 4 days till now with no reply and my site is unable to receive payments, is there anything we can do to workaround this? Anybody knows an alternative to paypal we can use? What other options do we have?

Regards,

Mohammad R. Daoud

Login to Me Too

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Mohammad,

You may have missed the private message I've sent. Please check it here:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

If all the solutions outlined in this topic failed, you may want to consult Customer Service as the problem may be unique to your account. Solutions on the forum will be more general.

Regards,

Michael

MTS

Login to Me Too

daoudm
Contributor
Contributor

Michael,

Sorry I didn't see your message, and didn't get a mail that I received it.

I did reply, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mohammad

Login to Me Too

llanos330
New Community Member

hello, i am also getting this message from one of my buyers and i dont know what is going on. can someone knildy assist.

Login to Me Too

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi llanos330,

If it's only one buyer and the rest is paying without issues, it's likely something on the buyer's side and they should be contacting Customer Service.

Otherwise, make sure you have a withdrawal method set up correctly as outlined in the posts above and contact Customer Service if you are still getting the error, they would need to look into your account.

Regards,

Michael

MTS

Login to Me Too

alenas21
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have the same problem with my paypal account. I have followed all the steps that Paypal_lucy suggested, but nothing has helped. I've also contacted Paypal customer ser vice on their Twitter page, but only solution that they have for me is that I have to add another Visa CC to my profile, which is not an option for me. (btw. I can not turn on autosweep, bc I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina, I cannot have USA bank account)
Is there really no help with this? It's obvious that so many Paypal customers have this problem, but Paypal isn't doing anything to solve this problem :/.

I have Visa electron and until few days ago everything worked just fine. Visa is verified and I have Premier account.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.