Your Account May Only Be Used to Send Money

waelrt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

when I select "request money" I get this message:

As a PayPal Send Only account holder, you are not permitted to receive funds from other PayPal account holders.

Your account cannot receive payments. To receive payments, set up your account.

and when I select "set up your account" I get this message: 

You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks.

Please help to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi waelrt,

Welcome to the community.

Not all countries can receive funds at this time I am afraid, you can check your country here http://paypal.com/worldwide 

In relation to the bookmark error please clear your cache & cookies & try a different browser, this should resolve this issue.

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

mafazOfficial
Contributor
Contributor

I am From Sri Lanka, Why Me To Also Can't Setup

( Check My Account And Inform Me )

Invoicing
Create and send customizable invoices. Your customers can pay you online using their credit card or PayPal account.

As a PayPal Send Only account holder, you are not permitted to receive funds from other PayPal account holders.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mafazOfficial

The option to receive and withdraw paypal payments is not available in sri lanka, you can only send payments.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mafazOfficial
Contributor
Contributor

My Account Received Payment, I Can Withdraw i go Another Country 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mafazOfficial

if you try and use a paypal account from another country it will soon be limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NATHALIE6
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I have the same issue, my account can only receive money, however my country (New Caledonia) can receive money as well as send and withdraw money according to this URL: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=%5fdisplay%2dcountry%2dfunctionality%2doutside&dispatch=58...

I can't find any settings that I missed to allow my account to receive money (as I have a merchant website). Can anyone help me and tell me how to "set up my account"? When I click on that link it just goes back to the "Summary page".

Thank you

Login to Me Too

NATHALIE6
Contributor
Contributor

REALLY???? NO ONE FROM PAYPAL WANTS TO HELP SINCE FEB 1st??????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.