You cannot add a bank account at this time!

1973gaz
New Community Member

Keep getting this message, very frustrating indeed...

Login to Me Too
131 REPLIES 131

Thayil
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here, with Bank of America, what's up Paypal, please fix this, I need to transfer funds directly, not go though another bank account and pay fees!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Thayil,

Welcome to the community forum.

That error message would mean that that bank you are adding cannot be used. Virtual bank accounts cannot be used on PayPal so if you were trying to add a virtual bank such as Payoneer or other online banks like that , it would be why it wouldn't work.

If you are in the UK and wish to add a US based bank account you would need to give us a call and we can add it on for you. If you are in a country where this is the only bank you can use you will be able to add it yourself but it would need to be a bank account based in a branch on US soil.

I hope this clarifies things.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Thayil
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Rachael,

It is not a virtual Bank account, it is a bank account I opened in Bank of America in Chicago.

I am not in the UK, I am in Venezuela, but like I said, the bank account is and was opened in the US. I have two bank accounts with offices in the US, one works, and the other (bank of america) can´t be added. 

What could be the problem?

Thank you,

Thayil.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi Thayil,

Welcome to our UK community page.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. I have to take a look at your PayPal account to answer your question. Please contact me through our Twitter handle @AskPayPal or alternatively from our Global Facebook page. I can help!

Thanks for posting.

Arda

Login to Me Too

Grober18

Hello, I'm from Venezuela too, and I can't add my US Wells Fargo's Bank account, for the same message! What should I do? I already registered my credit card withut problem, but can't do the same with my bank account!

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi Grober18,

Welcome to PayPal UK community page. 🙂

As you know for security reasons I can’t review or discuss your PayPal account details publicly. However if you can contact me through our Twitter handle @AskPayPal or from our Global Facebook page. I would gladly take a look at your account and give you more precise answer.

Here to help!

Arda

Login to Me Too

BritishTJK
Contributor
Contributor

Why dont you support online banks? That is so 20th century.  Are you not an online financial institution! I want to add my Ally bank account, are you saying it isnt supported?

Login to Me Too

johnben27

I have the same problem, i am trying to add a bank, but this error came up, tried another bank account with the same bank but still have the same error. thanks!

Login to Me Too

Michaellazo
Contributor
Contributor

I am from the Philippines. I used bank name BANCO DE ORO. I used bank code 010530667. I got a response saying you cannot add a bank at this time.

Please help me on this.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi Michaellazo,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear this.

Regrettably we can’t see your account details here. I would recommend you calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to review your account and provide you with the best course of action.

We also provide support via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope this will be resolved for you soon.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.