Wrong date of birth on account, how may I prove my identity and change it?

Ashy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there.

I can't remember when I registered my account on Paypal, but I have noticed it has a wrong date-of-birth. I cannot remember doing this, so it must have been some time ago. I must have done so erroneously a while ago. Is there a way I can prove my age and identity in order to have the correct date-of-birth linked to my account to reduce the risk of it being frozen?

Again, I apologise for this error, it must have happened when I signed up with a parent's help a while ago. I am of legal age to have a paypal account.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_david

HI there Ashy,

You should be able to update the date of birth that is registered on your PayPal account by clicking the 'Profile' option on your Account Overview page. From here, you can then click the 'Business Information' icon under the Account Information column.

On the next page, if you press the Edit option, you should be able to update the information that you have registered on your account.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Ashy
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, the option to change the completely erroneous date-of-birth isn't there, although I can change all the other fields. Why can I not change it like you said I could?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

silverdragonfly
New Community Member

Had the same problem, think it's a glitch in the system, so no need to blame yourself!! - Rang paypal and spoke to an agent who sent me an email explaining how to change it. Sign in and go to 'help' -  ask 'how do I change my name on my paypal account?', continue until you see - click on 'secure form'. You will then need to attach copies if your birth certificate,plus driving licence or passport - I also sent a covering letter explaining what I wanted to change. They changed it within a few hours. Bit of a 'faff' and no obvious instructions anywhere on the site that I could find, but at least it works and I'm not 110 years old anymore!! Hope this helpsWoman Very Happy

@Ashy wrote:

Unfortunately, the option to change the completely erroneous date-of-birth isn't there, although I can change all the other fields. Why can I not change it like you said I could?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

louisl
New Community Member

sorry this wont help but where on paypal do you see what you changed your date of birth two as worried i  may of done the same

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.