Withdrawing funds from PayPal taking longer than usual.

Callowaay
Contributor
Contributor

I've withdrawn funds from my PayPal before, it's taken minutes-hours, but never this long. It's almost 3 days now without having the funds in my bank which I needed for my education. I've received no explanation, and also asked @AskPaypal on Twitter without reply. As far as I'm aware I haven't changed anything on my account recently, and used the same bank account every time. Is there any particular reason for this other than PayPal just keeping my money for no reason??

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Conor

Hi Callowaay, 

Welcome to our Community 🙂

It sounds like this may be what was happening here: http://ow.ly/TaKp4

Some withdrawals will be held for a short review and this is just one of the ways we keep PayPal safe.

However, it should only happen occasionally and a good tip to minimise the holds is to allow your balance to build up a little before withdrawing. When you withdraw payments instantly after receiving a payment, your funds are more likely to be held, you see.

I hope this advice helps Callowaay and have a nice evening,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Jokers
New Community Member
This is a con so please stop b----ing all off us, i tested this as ive been waiting for a payment from ebay thats been held for 20 days already even with good feedback and customer saying they recieved the item quickly with no issues. I tested how long it would take to withdraw my momey by withdrawing £10 and bang, it went in instantly. Then i try withdrawing the rest of my funds and now its saying pending withdrawel 3-4 days. Paypal are a bunce of money grabbing holding i wont say the word but im fuming lets just say that. This money is for my bills of which i will now suffer with charges. Paypal said 1-3 days time maximum not 3-4 days. Paypal will be paying my charges i occur i will make sire of it. Middle man not needed let me tell everyone your wasting your time with these idiots.
Login to Me Too

mediaexpertfoxx
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Same problem here. 2 withdrawals made, 10 days+ and less than 10 days for the other one. It usually takes 2 to 4 business days. I really get into trouble supporting my parents because of this problem. My father need medicines and I can't buy it for him because of this issue. We are now in emergency. I made a call nothing happened, only robot machine answers. I went back and port to my bank but nothing appears in my account. I send them an email and I hope they will fix my problem. I work hard for my money, and I'm still waiting for it.

Login to Me Too

Southcoast
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal hold money from hundreds of thousands of accounts Periodically. They do it to earn extra interest on the money. All this rubbish from moderators saying that is a security issue, done to protect you is Baloney.

Don't believe everything Paypal tells you.

Login to Me Too

Emma1975
I’ve just had the same issue, need to withdraw the funds to pay for courier transport for the item sold and over two hours now pending doesn’t say when it will go in
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.