Withdrawal to my UK bank account still pending after 72 hours?!

goldmancher
New Community Member

I have a fully verified paypal account, before it was verified I was making withdrawals which went from pending to complete after 24 hours without fail, now I made a withdrawal and 72 hours later it is still showing as pending! I have never heard of this length of time before on a UK account, the only problems like this I can find on the net are in India, I nknow pending means paypal have not even attempted to send my money to the bank, what exactly is going on?

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

Swifty
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, Same here !

I have asked the same question on here and also on the UK Powersellers board and a few people have noticed that withdrawls on the 21st have gone AWOL

Withdrawls made earlier AND later have reached the bank

21st Jan looks like it is causing problems and it just isn't good enough Woman Mad

Login to Me Too

flick2011barbar
New Community Member

i am haveing a simler problem  i withdrew on 24th it still just says pending 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey guys,

I just moved your posts here as it's the same issue as above.  

Worst case scenario for a withdraw would be 5working days.

A trace can be done on the funds, but this can only be done after 14 days of the withdrawal.

Login to Me Too

Amina_Naamani
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have withdrew 100 pounds to my bank account, it said that it takes 2-3 days to reach there (within a UK bank), it's almost the third day, and the status says "pending", therefor meaning that PayPal hasn't even proceeded to send my money to the bank, correct? If it's still pending, and there are only a few more hours left until it is the third day since I withdrew my money, then how longer will I have to wait? It isn't like I withdrew thousands of pounds, so I don't understand why it's taking them so long to proceed with a small amount such as 100.

Kind regards, Amina.

Login to Me Too

jemannsummers
New Community Member

am the same requested money into my banck account i done it on the 14th feb 2012 this is the 3rd day 17th feb and nothing but my withdrawl was £80 so nothing to big and am still waiting for it to go into my bank whats going on if its 2-3 days than thats what it should be  not happy

Login to Me Too

RowBot
Contributor
Contributor

What's happening is Paypal hold your withdrawal for 72 hours for 'security checks'. They won't say what these checks are or why they do them. After the 72 hours they'll then process your withdrawal & it'll then take 2-3 days to show up in your bank account. It took me 7 days to get my withdrawal.

I suggest you all make complaints via email on Paypal's Contact Us page. I made several complaints & got some compensation (£25) eventually. I also urge you to complain to the financial onbudsman about this as they clearly tell their customers it'll take 3 days when it actually takes 7.

Login to Me Too

Amina_Naamani
Contributor
Contributor
I appreciate it for letting me know. Today it is supposedly the "third day" that I'm supposed to receive the money in my bank. I have checked my payment status and it says "completed". I went to check my bank and there was NO money. So they've basically lied to us, so that they could use our money for interest, and make us wait an extra 3 days, after our payment status clearly says complete. I will definitely be making not onec or two complaints.
Login to Me Too

RocketHobbies
New Community Member

Imagine the money Paypal are making by holding peoples money for those extra 3 days.  I dont think it is security purposes.  We have had a paypal account for 8 months and they have held every transfer for 3 days pending that we have done since we started the account.  Yep EVERY transaction.  How can they claim its security, they are just after the interest.

Soon the new EU legislation will come in which means that they cannot hold the money and have to release it next working day.  Roll on then !

Login to Me Too

RowBot
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_lucy wrote:

Worst case scenario for a withdraw would be 5working days.

Lucy, mine was 6 working days - so much for you worst case scenario

Login to Me Too

vince1
New Community Member

i paid for 1 too 2 working days and its saying completed and still havent had my funds whats going on ?? its our money not yours......

i had to pay £5 for it to be done in 1 too 2 working days its been since friday....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.