Withdrawal Pending... Still Pending...

ajandyg
New Community Member

Hello,

I withdrew money from my Paypal account and was instantly sent an email saying that the money will be in my account within 24 hours?! Its been 12 and it still says pending. I write this because everyone i have spoken to says that it always takes 2-3 days. Is this an email everyone gets? or an i actually going to get my money in the next 12 hours?

If not the 24 hour email is unfair. I know it hasnt been 24 hours yet but people have worried me...

many thanks

andy

Login to Me Too
121 REPLIES 121

SGM73

they are claiming it's a computer fault, but they don't know what it is or when it will be fixed. Could be a day, hour or a month.  Their staff are clueless and just say they don't know anything, but that they are 'sorry'.  Many people have foolishly relied on these guys.  I won't again in the future, but doesn't help now as I need the money to pay my hotel bill. 

Login to Me Too

madisondx1
Contributor
Contributor
Tell us why! What checks EXACTLY are being carried out? Why is nobody forthcoming with this information?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Don't think it has got anything to do with checks >>

When a buyer pays you it is not instant from their bank etc to you, paypal CREDIT you and then wait for the buyers funds to upload to paypal to reimburse themselves.

So if you withdraw those funds straightaway its paypals funds you are withdrawing and the hold means it allows the buyers money to play catchup.

I tend to leave a buyers money in my paypal balance for a couple of weeks in case i have to refund for whatever reason BEFORE i withdraw it and so never get the hold........or very rarely.

However it should never go over 72 hours, strange it seems to do so at weekends !!! 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SGM73

What a pointless and sanctimonious comment.  People have genuine concerns and you're bragging about how you leave your money for weeks and even then you report failures.  That's not even supposed to be the poin of paypal: leave your money for weeks, it's supposed to be virtually instant.

Leave your comments to yourself unless you have a genuine resolution or know 100% for sure. In the contemporaneous cases  being discussed related to withdrawal, there is a KNOWN fault with Paypal, which you have never admitted or acknowledged could be the problem. Instead you're trying to deflect all responsibility from paypal, blame users for not being aware of the procedures and give vague ungelpful responses. We've been using paypal for longer than you have been a volunteer 'advisor'.  Not useful and rather infuriating for the people concerned.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

My comment was fine, i was merely pointing out that if you leave the funds in for a while you don't get the hold.

Glitch or not you still get the hold if you withdraw the funds immediately most of the time.

And what would you do if you had to refund a buyer?? Or presumably your buyers have to file a dispute to get their money back??

Try helping on here and saving JUST ONE person from being scammed or JUST ONE person who has been grateful you have solved their problem and you MAY just MAY have the right to comment on my posts.

But as you have 1 kudos and 0 solutions I suggest you crawl back in the hole you came out from.

Oh and you may have been on paypal longer than i have been an advisor HOWEVER i have been USING paypal for YEARS before I even started posting here.

I have as much right to my opinions as you do and no one else seem the least concerned with my perfectly factual and friendly post.

Good bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

supplychainman
Contributor
Contributor

The problem Arda, is that it is not 72 hours, it is longer with no defined when it will happen

It is broken, this is not a normal processing time issue

As you are from Paypal, please can you obtain the real information

Login to Me Too

SNOWIESTELF
Contributor
Contributor

and now I have the same issue... £4.25 withdrawal that I need for tonights dinner, gone to pending review. All previous transfers have been instant. Looks like I dont eat tonight

Login to Me Too

CaptainSwoop
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to withdraw money since Friday. It told me it was 'Pending' it did this for days then cancelled the withdrawal. I have tried again and all I get is 'pending' What the **bleep** is happening? It's tiome someone from paypal manned up and told people what's going on. Why can't I get my money?

Login to Me Too

SeraRose01
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same 72 hours wait.  Then it was cancelled.  Now another 72 hour wait.  So unhappy.

Login to Me Too

falko89
Contributor
Contributor

So that is  1 full week and no money, this reminds me of the RBS group banking **bleep** up a couple of years back when no one could get access to their money, the difference being RBS made everyone aware with constant updates, Paypal just say nothing, and apparantley its not just withdrawing, adding money via bank accounts is not working either.  Quite a few posts on Twitter regarding this issue and stil they say nothing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.