Withdrawal Pending... Still Pending...

ajandyg
New Community Member

Hello,

I withdrew money from my Paypal account and was instantly sent an email saying that the money will be in my account within 24 hours?! Its been 12 and it still says pending. I write this because everyone i have spoken to says that it always takes 2-3 days. Is this an email everyone gets? or an i actually going to get my money in the next 12 hours?

If not the 24 hour email is unfair. I know it hasnt been 24 hours yet but people have worried me...

many thanks

andy

Login to Me Too
121 REPLIES 121

Acydikeen1985
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, but if we want to use eBay securely it *is* isn't it?

Login to Me Too

Vs8864
New Community Member
I also have 2 payments pending. If they are not credited into my account by tomorrow, i will lodge a claim at my local County Court. If you are in the UK, this usually does the trick. PayPal does not want the publicity.
Login to Me Too

zenas_mummy
New Community Member

I have also been stung by the pending curse! I sold my phone on ebay as desperate for some cash,requested withdrawl and it's pending. I need the funds to pay for the delivery and have used paypal for years so don't understand why they have done this when I have 100% feedback and plenty of sales experience,really annoyed!

Login to Me Too

lovesunshine
New Community Member

This is ridiculous. 

Give me my money.

Login to Me Too

foa
New Community Member

hello,

I've been a business seller for more than two year on paypal, i have many selling platform like ebay, amazon  etc,

Today i tried to withdraw money from my Paypal account, and the money went on pending, which lead me without able to post about 40 parcel,

my customer pays for next day delivery, i will have to pay my custonmers back there money and some have cancelled there order because i could nt deliver,  because of me not having the fund to pay postage 

I have never had such problem since i had a paypal account 

I am a business seller i need my the fund to pay for postage its a priority 

i contacted  paypal and they told me they ramdonlly do this to 4% of accounts and its unfortunate that it happen to me it can take upto 72 hours

i explained that this would cost hundreds of pounds in lost to me if i cant withdraw the money to pay postage to all my parcels 

I would not let them get away with such action 

Login to Me Too

jr24

I have been a user for 4 years now, no problems, experience user, sold and bought through you and a very happy customer…. WELL, I WAS!!! I am verified, their has never been any fraud or any disputes against my account so why I have been put on review!

I really need this money to pay for my car otherwise it will get taken away!

Hopefully their reading this and sort it out! I've never been so annoyed, selling my own personal goods and they keep MY money!!

Login to Me Too

cyrilv
Contributor
Contributor

Had it up to here with these clowns, what with them slapping a "pending" on two fairly mission critical withdrawals twice in a month now. I've used PP for 14 years and only ever had this nonsense once before up to last month, and now it's there again. Drop all this nannyish "it's for your own security" *BLEEP* and get that money into my account ASAP or I go to County Court.

[Post edited by moderator to comply with Community Forum guidelines]

Login to Me Too

akarpiuk
New Community Member

Up until now all my PayPal withdrawals showed up on my bank account almost instantly, until yesterday. For some reason the withdrawal is still pending. I only realized when myy card was declined when I tried to buy rail tickets as I need to get to work somehow! The amount is critical for me as I don't have any other funds on my card. I can't even go to the shop and buy food! I have about 5 pounds left. If it takes up to 72 hours, that means It'll be released ((hopefully?) on Monday but I won't even be able to get to work if the withdrawal doesn't clear by Monday morning. 

Is there any way to speed up the process or is there anyone I can contact?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi akarpiuk,

Welcome to our community page.

I understand this situation can be annoying. Bank withdrawals for UK PayPal users can take up to 72 hours. I apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Arda

Login to Me Too

falko89
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using Paypal for years with no issues, then in the last few months for no reason this 72 hour withdrawl.  Doesn't matter if you are withdrawing £2 or £200 you're hit, and it is never any less than 72 hours, always 72 hours on the dot.  

Going back a few years when payments were done via BACS it took 3 days to go through, now it just rests in Paypals account earning interest for 72 hours, they then send if via faster payments which is in your account usually instantly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.