Why my money received is being hold for 21 days?

theshirtgirl

How can i cancel this??????????????? i did nothing wrong.. this is so inconvient for me....

Login to Me Too
138 REPLIES 138

AZMarketing
Contributor
Contributor

Because they can! I have received the same email today! I wonder how I'm going to pay for postage for the items I've sold. The biggest problem is that PayPal is no longer regulated by the FSA so they can do as they wish.

We are meeting with other small businesses every week and we are trying to find an alternative to Ebay & Paypal duo.

Unfortunately sellers are not protected with PayPal. They have concentrated they efforts on buyer protection and their own protection.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there guys,

Welcome to the community to you both.

Theshirtgirl, the 21 day holds are not because you have done something wrong. There are a number of reasons for these holds.

If your eBay payment is on hold, it could be because:

• You have been an eBay and PayPal member for less than 6 months
• You have an eBay feedback score of less than 100 and do not have a record of good performance
• You have a Buyer dissatisfaction percentage of 5% or greater
• You have an average Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) of less than 4.5
• You have received fewer than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12 months
• You have a high rate of customer disputes
• You’re selling in a high risk category or industry such as, tickets, travel, gift certificates, computers, consumer electronics or mobile phones

Your funds may be released within 24 hours from when one of the following occurs:

• The buyer leaves you positive feedback
• 21 days pass without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal being filed on the transaction
• You provide a tracking number which shows that the item has been delivered over 3 days ago

AZMarketing, there is seller protection for sellers through PayPal. Click here and see section 11 to view the steps to keep yourself as a seller protected through PayPals protection policy.  

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

AZMarketing
Contributor
Contributor

Lucy,

Nice to hear from you to confirm that paypal does not meet any standards when dealing with Sellers.

"Theshirtgirl, the 21 day holds are not because you have done something wrong. There are a number of reasons for these holds."

So she hasn't done any thing wrong and it's the same in my case yet paypal decides to hold our money.

How we can pay for postage if our money is on hold? Assuming that you don't have any other money and that is why you are selling items on ebay, as thousands of people would do..

Besides you are in contract with ebay & PayPal when listing the items and once paypal decides to hold your money there should be an option to cancel all auctions and get refund from Ebay as the terms of receiving money are changed.

I think moderators would not be able to shed a legal light as they are train to just simply copy and paste for those people who can not read help themselves.

And Lucy, did you ever read those terms of Seller Protection policy? I might be here using new account but we have been trading on ebay since 2001 and we have been **bleep**ed by paypal for over £30,000 pouds over the years. Especially by charge back con artists and nowadays by "not as described" con artists.

Login to Me Too

DCJ
Contributor
Contributor

I look forward to your reply to my post on PayPal's hold on a cash refund to me from Best Buy for a product returned to Best Buy.  Ebay is not involved.  The purchase was not made through eBay but through a PayPal deduction from my bank.  Again, eBay is NOT involved.  But my refund is being held.  

Please, if you a tempted to press F7 or whatever and send me the standard boilerplate reply do not.  

Login to Me Too

Luke_B
New Community Member

This is absolute bullsh*t!  I can tell you right now why they're doing it: it's coz they can earn INTEREST on your money during that 21 days!!!  Wake up.  Way to NOT put the customer first...

I'll be looking for an alternative.  How dare you presume to take control of my money for 21 days.  Severe arrogance!

Login to Me Too

effingannoyed

I couldn't agree more Luke.  I've had numerous arguments with Paypal over this and they couldn't give a **bleep**.  I live in Australia and I'm dealing with turkeys outside this country.  My purchaser has received the goods and they still won't release the funds.

Login to Me Too

effingannoyed

what dam (sic) is an expletive????

Login to Me Too

lostcustomer
New Community Member

I agree.  As for my transaction experience, Paypal has lost another buyer and a seller.  We've both been calling Paypal to release our funds and they refuse to, keep stating policy features that allow them to hold money and make interest off our money.  I'm now looking at using PayConnection for future transactions.  Paypal is no longer oriented a facilitating transactions for consumers, but rather their bottom line profit and are now using our money to do so, all in the name of 'protecting' us.  I believe in security and appreciate it, but not when I've given them permission to release my money.  Shame on Paypal for losing so many customers, half the ebay sales I see now don't accept paypal no longer, I can see why.

Login to Me Too

Mrwhitey2006
Contributor
Contributor
21 days?? Maybe someone can tell me why I have had money pending for nearly 18 months!! I think we can assume the buyer was happy with the item. Btw I have above standard sales, 100% positive feedback and over 2 years a member.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.