Why can't i add a european Bank account to my paypal account?

PeteB0065
New Community Member

i am a british soldier posted overseas in Germany, as im a permanant resident now in germany with the army i have a german bank account which are alot different to accounts in uk, so im trying to add this account to my paypal however it will only let me select uk or us bank accounts what the **bleep**, if this option is not available because i have a uk account im been persicuted for been a member of the british armed forces and is against the New Goverment Covernant for the armed forces so please explain why and how i get this sorted.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

SarunasCesna
New Community Member

I have the same problem as Zensuperstore. Located in Lithuania, Lithuanian MasterCard, Lithuanian nationality and adress, however when I prompt to add a bank account it's always asking me for a US account. I've never been to the US and am not planning to go there, so It's an impossible requirement. How do I work around it? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi SarunasCesna,

Thanks for posting in the forum and apologies for the late reply. Sorry to hear that this is happening. One option that may work when you get this message is to log into your account and then try this link: www.paypal.com/wdfunds

Hope this helps.

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Kalvis

I have the same problem. I can't add my bank account beacause it only gives me the option to add a US bank account. I have a MasterCard card. I don't know the link that You  provided does any help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi Kalvis,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m very sorry to hear about the challenge.

It sounds like your PayPal account is registered in a country in which you can issue a withdrawal to your local card. Alternatively, there is also an option to link an US bank account.

If you have any challenges with linking the card, please consider calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to help.

We also provide support via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it will get resolved soon.

Anna

Login to Me Too

bambosd
New Community Member

Hello everyone,

Seems that you have to add a card from your banking organisation (simple debit visa / electron card, or even virtual card), and then you can add this card to your paypal account. There is no other way right now for europe. Add bank account directly to paypal works only for us banking sector.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.