Why can't i add a european Bank account to my paypal account?

PeteB0065
New Community Member

i am a british soldier posted overseas in Germany, as im a permanant resident now in germany with the army i have a german bank account which are alot different to accounts in uk, so im trying to add this account to my paypal however it will only let me select uk or us bank accounts what the **bleep**, if this option is not available because i have a uk account im been persicuted for been a member of the british armed forces and is against the New Goverment Covernant for the armed forces so please explain why and how i get this sorted.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PeteB0065
New Community Member

Need to add that i already have my uk bank account as my primary account i just wanted to add my german account as an extra account so more ways to fund my paypal account. also my uk address is also primary address for my account as i cant change it to germany wierd and like i said not very forces friendly paypal need to relook at these options to coinside with the new covernant layed down in uk commons last week which is now uk law.

Login to Me Too

Stripygecko
New Community Member

Sorry I dont have an answer but am having the same problem having moved to Australia if anyone can help?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Stripygecko,

See message below as this answers your query also!

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

zrosic
New Community Member

Hi,

I saw so many posts with difference opinions, so it made me confused.

i have simple question.

I want to start my new company in Germany, with online shop, and I want to sell goods via paypal service.

If I open business bank account in Germany, can I integrate paypal service from my webshop with my bank account?

I want that my clients can buy goods, pay via paypal and that those paymants arrives on my business company bank account..

All that with german paypal and german bank account.

I am asking that, becouse now, in Croatia, where i have oher company, i can not receive paypal paymants on my bank acoount.

Thanks for help!

Regards!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there PeteB0065,

PayPal is a country specific system therefore it is not possible to add a German bank account to your UK PayPal account.

When you move to another country, you need to close your old PayPal account and create a new account using your new address.

If you have addresses in both countries, you can keep your old PayPal account and create a new one, but only one of your accounts can be a Premier or Business account.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

xmmm8
New Community Member

Hi Siobhan, 

If i close the Pay Pal account that i have in Greece and i want to create a new one in the UK (as i mostly use my UK bank ) can i use the same email adress or should i have to register with a new email ?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey Xmmm8,

Once you have closed your current PayPal account, you will be able to use your email address to register a new PayPal account within the UK. The only thing you can't do is have the same email address active on two different PayPal accounts at the same time.

David.

Login to Me Too

sunrise2104
New Community Member

Hi,

I'm in a similar situation, I've moved to Germany and want to link my German bank account up to my PayPal account. My question is, if I close my UK PayPal account and open a German one, will I still be able to use it in all the ways I use my UK one? E.g. will it be accepted on UK websites such as moonpig or ebay.co.uk?

Login to Me Too

zensuperstore
New Community Member

Dear Sir/Madame,

I have PayPal account which I created months ago, it gave me only option: United States - but I am living in Estonia.

How can I add my Estonian bank account?

I get money already to this account. How can I withdraw money? It gives me only option as to withdraw money to VISA card but I have MasterCard only and it is already added to PayPal, but I cannot use it as system is somehow rejecting all what I try to do.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.