Why can't I receive money?

orion99
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I was offered some money to place an advertisement on one of my webpages. Although I supplied my PayPal email address I was informed that the payment couldn't be processed.

I was then asked to raise an invoice which I did but that can't be paid either.

i have a personal account which I have had for many years although mainly used for payments to 3rd Parties.

Any ideas?

orion

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

orion99
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David,

Thanks for your response - I was beginning to feel invisible  Smiley Happy

I received the outstanding payment today although I don't how how or if the sender had a problem with their account as you suggested. Co-incidently I also received another payment which came straight through to my account without delays or problems. I am assuming now that my account is ok.

Thanks

orion

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_david

Hi there Orion99,

Can I ask if it was the sender of the funds who told you that the payment would not complete? It could be the case that there may be an issue on this persons account that is preventing the payment from completing.

It is strange also that you have tried to send this person a payment request and this is also not completing when they try to send the payment to you.

Have you been able to receive other payments from different people without any problems in the past? If this is the first payment that you are waiting to receive, you should try contacting customer services and we can try to investigate it further on your behalf.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too
Solved

orion99
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David,

Thanks for your response - I was beginning to feel invisible  Smiley Happy

I received the outstanding payment today although I don't how how or if the sender had a problem with their account as you suggested. Co-incidently I also received another payment which came straight through to my account without delays or problems. I am assuming now that my account is ok.

Thanks

orion

Login to Me Too

orion99
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I posted this on 5th July without receiving any comments.

"   I was offered some money to place an advertisement on one of my webpages. Although I supplied my PayPal email address I was informed that the payment couldn't be processed.

I was then asked to raise an invoice which I did but that can't be paid either.

i have a personal account which I have had for many years although mainly used for payments to 3rd Parties.

Any ideas?

orion"

This seems to happen to others too but I don't see any solutions being offered.

Why is that?

orion

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi again Orion99,

I have moved your other query here as it is in regards to the same issue.

That's great news that you have received your payment Smiley Happy.

To be honest, I am not completly sure exactly why you were previously unable to receive this payment. Thankfully your issue has been resolved and you should be able to receive payments without any problems.

Please let me know if it happens again and I can try to pass the information on to our technical team.

David,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.