Why can't I pay with my debit card?

Kelpie
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a new user who's only recently joined paypal. My bank account is verified and my debit card is set up on the site and was working fine until just today. When making a purchase on a website today, the only payment options were e-cheque or instant bank transfer. My debit card was working fine yesterday and always turned up as the first payment option, but now it is no longer available as a payment option for some reason?. Why can't I pay using my debit card? It worked for my first five purchases with the site (two last night and three this morning), but on my sixth purchase it stopped showing my debit card as a payment option for some reason, even though it was working perfectly fine yesterday and this morning.

Is there any way to fix this problem so I can use my debit card as my payment option? I really don't want to have to pay by e-cheque if at all possible since it takes so long. the only reason I signed up my bank account was so I could use my card, since it's so easy to pay using it.

Thankyou in advance for any help!

Login to Me Too
129 REPLIES 129

shaz706
Contributor
Contributor

i want to resolve my negative balance using my debit card?

Login to Me Too

banjo40
New Community Member

hi i have changed my account details

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there banjo40,

It sounds like your card provider has declined the usage of this card with PayPal. For reasons as to why you will need to contact them directly.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

ocean-hotel
Contributor
Contributor

wye can"t  i pay with my debit card there are funds in my account pleaese let me no

Login to Me Too

eddieblue
Contributor
Contributor

my credit card is good.why did they erfused my credit card

Login to Me Too

zetland14
Contributor
Contributor

why cannot I use my debit card

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi zetland,

There are a number of reasons why you cannot use your debit/credit card on your PayPal account. I would firstly suggest that you review the card on your PayPal account to ensure that your card is up to date and has not expired. If your card is valid and the expiry date is correct I would suggest that you contact us by phone or email as it would require account specific information in order to get a correct response. You can contact us by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of every PayPal page.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

zetland14
Contributor
Contributor

I have already spoke at lenght to one of your colleagues,who could not give me any explanation why my payment would

not be accepted,My card details are all correct,funds available.I have since made a purchase and used my paypay, ,look forward to your reply.MrR.Taylor.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Sound like our security system is blocking your payment, this can happen for many reasons and we wouldn't release the exact reasons to our customers ever.

If your account is unverified or your card not confirmed then you should complete these steps, this will demonstrate ownership of your financials and mean your payments are much less likely to be blocked although there is no way of guaranteeing this kind of thing. Our security system runs before you make each payment and determines at that moment what funding sources it will allow.

Login to Me Too

zetland14
Contributor
Contributor

I have checked and double checked,every detail in respect of my debit card,funds are all correct, since

the payment that was refused by paylpal,I have made two  payment and used paypal,they have been

successfully paid, same debit card..What is the reason,.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.