What is the limit for an unverified account?

SpenBeck
New Community Member

Hi all,

I couldn't believe I could not find the answer to this simple question on the main PayPal website!

What is the limit to an unverified account?

Is it £100, £200, £300 or £500, or is it the amount you have in credit in your account or is it something else?

There is only information on how to get verified? Some people don't want verification on their accounts. They want to limit the spending and risk on-line.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

The Sending limit for an unverified UK PayPal account is £1900 GBP per year.

To view your various limits, log into your account and click on the 'view limits' button beside your a balance box on the account overview page 🙂

Login to Me Too

SvediZZ
New Community Member

My account is unverified and i've only spent like $35 until i started getting get back ti merchant errors everytime btw i live in sweden. Please answer.

Login to Me Too

JazzC

I am selling work online and want to be able to buy stuff online with the money I earn without the risk of having a whole bank account linked with my paypal. Will the limits apply if Im just using the money I already have in there and will the limits rise if I am earning every month? 

Obviusly the limits are put in place to stop people abusing the system and going into debt before closing the account and opening a new one but it is rediculus if they apply to people who have no intentions of going into any sort of debt...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi JazzC,

Thanks for posting in the forum. I understand your concern but in order to ensure that you can send and receive money without issues, it is advisable to lift the limits in your PayPal account. In order to lift these limits, you would need to verify your account by adding and confirming a bank or a card.

You can find more information here

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.