Victim of essay scam/fraud company writer...************

rdjakonov
Contributor
Contributor

Last week, I ordered for an academic essay with a deadline of 24 hours for £153.32. A draft was sent to me and I was impressed so I decided to complete the order and pay. The deadline has come but the paper hasn't come on time. At worse, the essay "made" was hugely plagiarised. Their website promised all original, non-plagiarised and start from the scratch piece of work but turned out the opposite. 

Upon learning it, I contacted the customer service of the website. Nobody was responding to my email or chat support. I rang the phone number several times. 2 female representatives answered quoting, they cannot help me as they are in the different department. 

I then decided to file a dispute and wanted my money back. After a couple of days, Paypal came up with an email that my claim was unsuccessful. I've learned that ****** sent a wrongful claims about me. (1) that my order was agreed to be extended, which I didn't ( this was an excuse for a refund as the T&C say no refund for late orders (2) that I've known the company prior to placing the order and that my action to claim was intentional. The dispute log of the seller said they have attached a copy of the item (essay) I've ordered. On the other hand, Paypal described my order as INTANGIBLE therefore NOT COVERED by BUYER PROTECTION!!!

My bases for claim and refund were the following:

1. Item ordered not as described----NOT ORIGINAL, A COPY, A PLAGIARISED WORK

2. The seller/company posed to be from the U.S.....I managed to trace and boom they're from INDIA

3. The seller did not meet the deadline for the order....time sensitive

4. The company seems to operate number of websites intend to victimised or pose fraud.

5. No customer service.

I've read blogs and community forums on how to APPEAL for a CLAIM...Paypal clearly have an instruction to do it. It says the APPEAL button is available wuthin 10 days after the decision. However, APPEAL BUTTON DOES NOT SHOW on ACTION DROP DOWN MENU. It only shows CLOSED CASES> VIEW > CLOSED>.......

I want to know who had the same experience or at least have had the same nature of transaction dispute.

I want to APPEAL against PAYPAL's decision

RDJAKONOV

*Post edited to comply with Forum guidelines*

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

PayPal_lucy

Hey there rdjakonov,

I have read your post and I understand your frustration in this.

The reason there is no appeal option is because intangible items are not covered under PayPal protection. No matter the issue with the item, be it not as described or doesn't arrive. The case cannot be investigated due to the item being intangible.

This is something that you will have to continue to communicate with the seller and try to come to an amicable outcome. 

Login to Me Too

PeterMutiso
Contributor
Contributor

RDJAKONOV

Sorry for the sad experience. Try outsourcing for independent freelance writers, they are more reliable than using the essay writing companies.

Regards

Login to Me Too

rdjakonov
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Peter!

Login to Me Too

academicgigz
New Community Member

Sorry for what happened! Please try ********... this is a legitimate company that issue refunds if the worst comes to the worst. I mean if they can't deliver a paper in time. They have 'creme de-la creme' writers. Have used their services since I was an undergraduate. Indian companies are full of crooks and i wouldn't advice anyone to use them. With ******** you can make 30% downpayment then pay the rest after the paper has been delivered.  

Login to Me Too

billyjoe60

You mention the essay writing company you like but it was starred out.  How can I find out the name?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi billyjoe60,

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. New members are always welcome.

To comply with forum guidelines all company names will be removed or blocked.

Thanks

Paula

Login to Me Too

CourtneyL
New Community Member

Before ordering my first essay I have made a hell of researches. I usually try to overprotect myself before ever using new online services. So one simple truth I have learnt: no matter how experienced the writer is, he will not be able to accomplish a very well-done work within 24 hours’ time frame. The least he needs is 48 hours. So each time I see something: We are company which writes essays online fast, 24 hours to be more specific. I try to avoid them! You should as well!

Login to Me Too

charles_44
New Community Member

I understand your frustration. I was nearly conned in a similar way, though in my case the company compensated after 2 weeks of follow-up.  I stumbled on ************** and have a different story 😉  

*Post edited to comply with forum guidelines*

Login to Me Too

Pitzer
New Community Member

Am sorry about that experience, try using ************. They are genuine and will refund your money if not satisfied.

*Post edited to comply with forum guidelines*

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.