Verification codes do not appear on my statement?

0ziggystardust0
New Community Member

Hi,

I tried to link my bank card to my PayPal account a few weeks ago and I have been waiting for the ammounts to appear on my statement. I have just checked my statement online and two payments IN to my account show but there are no codes just the description as "PAYPAL VERIFY" I thought that PayPal were going to take money from my account and then refund me when I had verified my account?

I rang my bank to see if they had any way of giving me the codes but unfortunately they didn't. The lady I spoke to said she had had a few people ringing up about PayPal but they were just asked to enter the ammounts into to verify. Why am I being asked for a code?

I would appreciate some advice as I am so confused!

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

CaptainCoolio

And where do i look on the site for the code?

Login to Me Too

CaptainCoolio

And about how many days does it take to receive the code in the US

Login to Me Too

CaptainCoolio

oops sorry i just realized this is UK community not US oops

Login to Me Too

Artreich

Hello, I appear to be having a similar problem aswell.

I'm from Portugal and I entered a debit card to my account around 18/7/2016 and was told to check my statement in a few days where I would find a confirmation code.
 I soon found a transaction of  1.50 euros three days later, day 21, but in the ATM discription I found no code nor anything referring to paypal, so I waited until the end of the month to see if I would get the code.
 I got my statement today and again, no code, nor anything referring to paypal, the discription i got is as it follows:

1.50-978-CPR.ESTRANG.

I would like to get information as to how should I proceed in order to get my verification code.

Login to Me Too

lizuta
New Community Member

Hey, I've been trying to verify my bank account for several days, and I urgently need to use paypal, yet I haveb't recieved any confirmation codes. I'm banking online, theres nothing added or taken from my account and no code! please, help me

Login to Me Too

JosephGP
Contributor
Contributor

Hello so im trying to verify my paypal account with visa card so i tried like 5 times and they took 5$ from me i've check the card statement and didnt found any code and payment info contacted paypal didnt even answer. i've been waiting like 1 and half day

Login to Me Too

joanagruyal
New Community Member

Hi Paypal, 

I have tried for many times to look at in my bank statement online but i didnt see any code. Paypal already charged my debit card but until now i havent received any codes. I called my bank to verify if they can provide me the code but they cant help either because it wasnt there. Please help.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.