Verification codes do not appear on my statement?

0ziggystardust0
New Community Member

Hi,

I tried to link my bank card to my PayPal account a few weeks ago and I have been waiting for the ammounts to appear on my statement. I have just checked my statement online and two payments IN to my account show but there are no codes just the description as "PAYPAL VERIFY" I thought that PayPal were going to take money from my account and then refund me when I had verified my account?

I rang my bank to see if they had any way of giving me the codes but unfortunately they didn't. The lady I spoke to said she had had a few people ringing up about PayPal but they were just asked to enter the ammounts into to verify. Why am I being asked for a code?

I would appreciate some advice as I am so confused!

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

Vitalii
New Community Member

Same problem here.

I'm trying to confirm a card: i made a reservation, i see 1.50 reservation on my Danske bank account, but there is no Paypal Code in details.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Vitalii,

Welcome to the community and thank you for taking the time to post here.

I would advise you to contact our customers service team if you are not able to look up the code or if you have not received the code. Our customer service team is able to review the details and help you to resolve this. 

You can contact us by clicking on  'contact us' at the bottom of each page. You can also contact us on Twitter or facebook.

I hope this information helps. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

AcerStan
Contributor
Contributor

I have now twice tried to confirm my debit card (DSK bank Bulgaria) and twice I get charged 1.50 Euro and no codes appear whatsoever.

I'm VERY disappointed with PayPal over all. 

Will those charges be refunded. There is absolutely no way for me to confirm my card because PayPal does not bother to send me the verification code.

I called my bank they say the problem is with PayPal because they charge my card as POS charge.

Bank Staement JPG

Login to Me Too

ellis-alice
New Community Member

hello, I seem to have the same problem...
I have a debit card, I keep on clicking "confirm the card" but the code doesn't appear on my statements...
please help PayPal! I'm loosing any hope to set up an account, this whole process has been very stressful and exhausting...
Thank you,
Alice E.

Login to Me Too

Tumfy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am having a problem with a verification code.

I am trying to confirm a debit card. A pound was taken from my account yesterday, but nothing has appeared on my statement. It says. Balance: £X Avalaible: £X-£1. However nothing is on my statement. I have waited nearly a whole day and nothing has appeared, not even a record of a transaction. 

What should I do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi Tumfy,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

We’re sorry to hear this.

It usually takes up to 3 business days for a bank to process the transaction. However in the meantime you should see the transaction including its subject line with the code in your pending transactions if you have access to online banking.

Hope you’ve managed to confirm the card by now.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Tumfy
Contributor
Contributor
Yeh sorry I didn't update my post. It came through a couple I days later. Thanks for the response 🙂
Login to Me Too

jasonlin1989
New Community Member

Hi. 

I Just linked my credit card with paypal, And I sold the 1.95 DLLOARS PAYPAL charged me for the Verification on my pending statement. But I cannot find the Verification codes on the describtion. It showed up as "Paypal" with no Verification codes. Can someone help me please.

Thank you very much

Login to Me Too

olegko
New Community Member

I am having exact same issue. I see the charge for $1.95, transaction just says "PAYPAL".. no other code/numbers at all. What to do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi jasonlin1989 and olegko, 

Thanks for posting. 

You will find more information on the card confirmation process here https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ1565/4 . Some banks do clip the description of the payment if you are checking it on your online banking but if you speak to your bank they should be able to see more. If you are seeing the $1.95 transaction it would mean that the code has been sent out to you.

I hope this helps.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.