Verification codes do not appear on my statement?

0ziggystardust0
New Community Member

Hi,

I tried to link my bank card to my PayPal account a few weeks ago and I have been waiting for the ammounts to appear on my statement. I have just checked my statement online and two payments IN to my account show but there are no codes just the description as "PAYPAL VERIFY" I thought that PayPal were going to take money from my account and then refund me when I had verified my account?

I rang my bank to see if they had any way of giving me the codes but unfortunately they didn't. The lady I spoke to said she had had a few people ringing up about PayPal but they were just asked to enter the ammounts into to verify. Why am I being asked for a code?

I would appreciate some advice as I am so confused!

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

Gee04040
New Community Member

Hi,

I can't find the 4 code for me to verify my debit account. The first time was last feb 18 and there's no code either in my statement of account in bank so i tried again, no code again. I have called my bank and nothing appears except for the fee which was debited from my account. This is soooo frustrating.  It will be soooo much easier if the code was sent also in emails. Now, i really have no idea what to do about it. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Gee04040,

Welcome to the community.

Is your PayPal account registered to the UK? Generally, you should see the charge & code appear within 3 working days. The code will be printed between the words 'PAYPAL' and 'CODE'. (e.g. PAYPAL* 1234 CODE). 

If you are seeing the charge but not the 4 digit code then it is best to reach out to PayPal by phone to have this looked into, you can do this using the 'contact us' -> 'call us' option at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Machtelt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I checked my bank statements but the description is something like this (I obviously changed a few things):

PAYPAL CODE PAYPAL CODE PPKD0000000012K34A. Where are the four digits I'm supposed to be seeing?

Thanks

Maggie

Login to Me Too

DAVEY65
New Community Member

@Machtelt wrote:

Hi,

I checked my bank statements but the description is something like this (I obviously changed a few things):

PAYPAL CODE PAYPAL CODE PPKD0000000012K34A. Where are the four digits I'm supposed to be seeing?

Thanks

Maggie

I have the same thing! i have money to withdraw and I am unable to until I get the code! Also I may be locked out if I put the wrong code in again!!

Thanks

Dave

Login to Me Too

mchnelson
New Community Member

Having the same problem this weekend. Unfortunately a charity I bought tickets to an event for obviously used PayPal rather than just my bank to take the funds, so I had to try and get a code to verify my PayPal account because their limit was reached.  I now want to pay for something using PayPal but no code has been received. Unfortunate timing but not helpful, most companies would just email you a code surely?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community. I see you have not had a response from any of our members to date. Maybe I can help.

Have you managed to confirm your bank account? It normally takes a couple of days for the code to appear on your statement once requested through your PayPal account. If you have not yet received the codes can you reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter?. You can find our PayPal Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK/ or you can Tweet @askPayPal.

-David R

Login to Me Too

JakeARN
Contributor
Contributor

Hey i have still not recieved a verification code on my bank statement and i don't know what to do? i have been waiting for a few days now.

thank you

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi JakeARN,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

The code usually takes a maximum of 3 working days to show on your bank statement. If you're still unable to see it, you may want to try re-sending it, which you can do by removing and re-adding your bank.

If you continue to experience difficulties, you can contact Customer Support directly. You can find our contact details by clicking the 'Contact' option at the bottom of any page when logged in.

Hope this helps 🙂

Sophie

Login to Me Too

eggbrow

Yeah I am also having this issue. It gives me an 18 digit code starting with PP then two more letters, a lot of zeros and some other numbers. Nothing relates to this 4-digit code I should have received.

Login to Me Too

CaptainCoolio

Will the verification code not show up if i put the card as a debit card when it is a pre paid debit card

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.