UK release date for Paypal HERE

TheGamekeeper
Contributor
Contributor

Any news on this?

Info from Paypal?

There must be something.  The last release of info was March 2012!!!

Come on Paypal, us poor people here in the UK are desperately in need of this for our small businesses.

I appreciate any response given, won't hold my breath though!!

Dave

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

JewellAly
New Community Member
Hi, Is there any news yet on when we can actually purchase this please?? I registered my interest twice now this year! I work at a market and am losing sales because I do not take cards! I want to keep it all with PayPal as it is a trusted brand and I have the access card so am all set up but still no card device.
Login to Me Too

TheGamekeeper
Contributor
Contributor
In light of the great response I received from Paypal when I questioned the cost of the card reader, I think I will be sticking with my current provider. Same fees & half the cost of card reader!! In response to the other contributors concerns about using a smaller company - my provider also supplies my accounting software fairly 'quickly'. I don't want to name them on Paypals forum as I don't think it would be right. I have no problems with customers concerns over the chip & pin reader!!
Login to Me Too

craftybird
Contributor
Contributor

It appears that most people are getting fed up with the wait and the vague responses.  People want answers and details Paypal not scripted emails and vague promises. I personally want to purchase this device but I have no option to do so. Please sort this shambles out.

Login to Me Too

Achphoto
New Community Member
The US have the magnetic strip reader that plugs into the jack socket of the phone can that be used with UK's PayPal here app
Login to Me Too

dot24two
This very morning, I downloaded the Paypal Here app from Android Market, and you can order the reader via Menu -> Settings -> Card Reader then Menu -> Order New. I'll let you know when it turns up.
Login to Me Too

craftybird
Contributor
Contributor
How much are they charging for the reader please? Is it £99?
Login to Me Too

dot24two

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.